Boushh Build WIP - Iron's Daughter

Irongladiator

Active Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello Fellow Fett's,
I never thought I'd hear these words come out of my Daughters mouth.
Ally (My Daughter): "Dad, I wanna join you next year as someone from Star Wars!"
Me: "Oh really?! Who did you have in mind?"
Ally: "I'd like to be Princess Leia in her disguise when she goes to Jabba's Castle."
Me: "Oh you mean in her Bounty Hunter Disguise! That bounty Hunter was known as Boushh!"
<She then shows me this pic on her iPad>
Ally: "Yeah this one!"
Boushh - ROTJ - Pic 1.jpg

Me: "I think I can do that!"

It's just so cool that my 10 year old daughter wants to do this too with me! Me having a ROTJ Fett Costume and now her wanting to be part of it! Just so freaking cool!
1634190600210.png

Also, fun fact, Carrie Fisher stood at exactly 5 feet tall in ROTJ, my 10 year old daughter stands at 5 foot 1 inch! So she'll look that part I think. The part that worries me is her growth rate, she's projected to be all done growing at 5 foot 9 inches - but who knows right? I suspect she'll be about 5 foot 2 inches or 5 foot 3 inches by next year. I'm gonna measure her every month to try and get a more accurate figure.

And with that, begins another journey. I started to do a bit of research in this and it seems as though the hardest part will be tackling the helmet. For the Helmet, I've engaged in conversations with Sandman (Todd). He's on vacation at the moment but said he will return my email when he gets back. I also seen that the Disney Parks Hot Potato Thermal Detonator is pretty sought after as a prop. I found a great deal for one on eBay, which I'm also told is a rare thing even on eBay. I've obtained it and am starting to monkey with it a bit.
Disney Parks -Hot Potato - Thermal Detonator - Front.jpg

I know there is a number of different mods you can do to it, and I'm gonna do these things....
1) Replace the three White LEDs with three Yellow LED's as seen in the movie.
2) Replace the power supply so that it takes two 2 CR2032 coin batteries.
3) Make it so that it is held together via strong rare Earth Magnets.
4) Fix/repair the three areas where the screws once were that held it together with Bondo Glazing Putty
5) Use Alclad II's Chrome (ALC-107) paint which will give it that mirror finish!

Taking this thing apart to get it ready for modification is NO joke. You pretty much have to destroy three areas on it to get at the three screws. But once inside I got to see what I was up against....
Disney Parks -Hot Potato - Thermal Detonator - Pulled Apart.jpg

Upon further taking it apart I accidentally broke off the leads that turn it on...
1634191360394.png

Disney Parks -Hot Potato - Thermal Detonator - Pulled Apart - Pic 2.jpg

Lots of people had good luck with this little part - for the power supply....
1634191499888.png

Which is that dual CR2032 Battery Holder. I found some on Amazon for under $5.00. The LED's are a 5mm LED's, and they were also easy to acquire too. I got 100 pack for about $5.00 too.
1634191647376.png

I broke out my soldering iron and went to work. I was able to get it all installed pretty easily!
1634191746734.png

LED's and Power Supply - Installed.jpg

And it all works!
Thermal Detonator - Reassembled.jpg

I intend to toss on some Hot Glue onto those Soldering Joints so I don't have any more accidental breakage. But afterwards, it'll be time for some Bondo, sanding and then painting/weathering. But so far, having fun with it! More to come!
1634191891956.png

Cheers,
-Iron

Last edited:
Well congratulations on being able to enjoy this hobby with your daughter , it will be an amazing journey for the two of you. The memories of this will be priceless! I’ve been waiting to hear these words from one of my sons for years now , and it’s not in the cards. One is not into costuming at all and the other is going for a marvel universe costume. Sigh . But there is still hope. I’m very interested to watch you put this together, best of luck.

Hello Fellow Fett's,
I never thought I'd hear these words come out of my Daughters mouth.
Ally (My Daughter): "Dad, I wanna join you next year as someone from Star Wars!"
Me: "Oh really?! Who did you have in mind?"
Ally: "I'd like to be Princess Leia in her disguise when she goes to Jabba's Castle."
Me: "Oh you mean in her Bounty Hunter Disguise! That bounty Hunter was known as Boushh!"
<She then shows me this pic on her iPad>
Ally: "Yeah this one!"
View attachment 216294
Me: "I think I can do that!"

Just so cool that my 10 year old daughter want to do this too with me! Me having a ROTJ Fett Costume and now her wanting to be part of it! Just so freaking cool!
View attachment 216295
Also, fun fact, Carrie Fisher stood at exactly 5 feet tall in ROTJ, my 10 year old daughter stands at 5 foot 1 inch! So she'll look that part I think. The part that worries me is her growth rate, she's projected to be all done growing at 5 foot 9 inches - but who knows right? I suspect she'll be about 5 foot 2 inches or 5 foot 3 inches by next year. I'm gonna measure her every month to try and get a more accurate figure.

And with that, begins another journey. I started to do a bit of research in this and it seems as though the hardest part will be tackling the helmet. For the Helmet, I've engaged in conversations with Sandman (Todd). He's on vacation at the moment but said he will return my email when he gets back. I also seen that the Disney Parks Hot Potato Thermal Detonator is pretty sought after as a prop. I found a great deal for one on eBay, which I'm also told is a rare thing even on eBay. I've obtained it and am starting to monkey with it a bit.
View attachment 216296

I know there is a number of different mods you can do to it, and I'm gonna do these things....
1) Replace the three White LEDs with three Yellow LED's as seen in the movie.
2) Replace the power supply so that it takes two 2 CR2032 coin batteries.
3) Make it so that it is held together via strong rare Earth Magnets.
4) Fix/repair the three areas where the screws once were that held it together with Bondo Glazing Putty
5) Use Alclad II's Chrome (ALC-107) paint which will give it that mirror finish!

Taking this thing apart to get it ready for modification is NO joke. You pretty much have to destroy three areas on it to get at the three screws. But once inside I got to see what I was up against....
View attachment 216297

Upon further taking it apart I accidentally broke off the leads that turn it on...
View attachment 216298
View attachment 216299

Lots of people had good luck with this little part - for the power supply....
View attachment 216300
Which is that dual CR2032 Battery Holder. I found some on Amazon for under $5.00. The LED's are a 5mm LED's, and they were also easy to acquire too. I got 100 pack for about $5.00 too.
View attachment 216301
I broke out my soldering iron and went to work. I was able to get it all installed pretty easily!
View attachment 216302
View attachment 216303

And it all works!
View attachment 216304

I intend to toss on some Hot Glue onto those Soldering Joints so I don't have any more accidental breakage. But afterwards, it'll be time for some Bondo, sanding and then painting/weathering. But so far, having fun with it! More to come!
View attachment 216305

Cheers,
-Iron
Im so happy for you bro. I don't have kids but i can imagine your just bursting with pride, i would be. If the new gear turns out as good as your Fett build then your both gonna look fab. Im not sure if your interested in spending some big bucks on a helmet but Cloth Ears in the UK do a fantastic Boushh helmet. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Im so happy for you bro. I don't have kids but i can imagine your just bursting with pride, i would be. If the new gear turns out as good as your Fett build then your both gonna look fab. Im not sure if your interested in spending some big bucks on a helmet but Cloth Ears in the UK do a fantastic Boushh helmet. I look forward to seeing your progress.
If you haven't already seen it ClothEars do a fantastic Boushh/Speeder Bike Pilot helmet. It really is a work of art. Its on their website somewhere. I understand ive mentioned them twice so far, i am no way affiliated with this company, its just general chat

Thanks B0B4F3TT
I know Cloth Ears does fantastic work on both Boba and Boushh stuff - and the wait times are typically super long. I know that Todd (aka Sandman) does a great Boushh Helmet Kit too. I've already engaged him - Just waiting to hear back from him regarding price/timeframe, etc. But I'm pretty stoked to get started.

As many of you all know, what kinda set me off on this crazy costume/prop building hobby was a Halloween event held within our community called the "Happiest Halloween". I'm not a part of the 501st and when I first started had no intention of doing it. I just wanted a costume that was better than store bought stuff. And I think I've accomplished that! I'm now re-thinking on joining the 501st ranks as my ROTJ Boba but know I need to re-do a few things to bring it up to par!
(y)

As it turns out that guy that I know that puts this event on actually engaged the 501st to have some of them come out to help with the event. I’m not sure which characters are coming, other than a Jawa. He called me yesterday to ask if it'd be ok if there was more than one Jawa there, meaning the Jawa from the 501st and my Jawa prop (If you followed that build: Iron's Jawa Build ) I told him that the Jawa's are usually found in groups, so yeah having more than one there would be great! The person from the 501st wanted to see my prop so I sent him pictures to forward along and got a big thumbs up from them. Apparently the 501st loved it!

The guy that puts on this event told the 501st about my daughters Boushh build that I'm starting to work on and two of the people that do approvals for the 501st in "Garrison Titan" (Here in Washington State) are going to be at this event! The one lady that does approvals that is coming (As the Jawa I think) also has Boushh costume and said she'd LOVE to help me where she can! I'm totally gonna take her up on that offer!

Much more to follow though!

Thanks,
-Iron

Last edited:
Thanks B0B4F3TT
I know Cloth Ears does fantastic work on both Boba and Boushh stuff - and the wait times are typically super long. I know that Todd (aka Sandman) does a great Boushh Helmet Kit too. I've already engaged him - Just waiting to hear back from him regarding price/timeframe, etc. But I'm pretty stoked to get started.

As many of you all know, what kinda set me off on this crazy costume/prop building hobby was a Halloween event held within our community called the "Happiest Halloween". I'm not a part of the 501st and when I first started had no intention of doing it. I just wanted a costume that was better than store bought stuff. And I think I've accomplished that! I'm now re-thinking on joining the 501st ranks as my ROTJ Boba but know I need to re-do a few things to bring it up to par!
(y)

As it turns out that guy that I know that puts this event on actually engaged the 501st to have some of them come out to help with the event. (I'm not sure which characters are coming, other than a Jawa. He called me yesterday to ask if it'd be ok if there was more than one Jawa there, meaning the Jawa from the 501st and my Jawa prop (If you followed that build: Iron's Jawa Build ) I told him that the Jawa's are usually found in groups, so yeah having more than one there would be great! The person from the 501st wanted to see my prop so I sent him pictures to forward along and got a big thumbs up from them. Apparently the 501st loved it!

The guy that puts on this event told the 501st about my daughters Boushh build that I'm starting to work on and two of the people that do approvals for the 501st in "Garrison Titan" (Here in Washington State) are going to be at this event! The one lady that does approvals that is coming (As the Jawa I think) also has Boushh costume and said she'd LOVE to help me where she can! I'm totally gonna take her up on that offer!

Much more to follow though!

Thanks,
-Iron
Im waiting with anticipation to see your progress, and im no expert but i cant see why your fett rotj suit wouldn't pass 501st approval. On a different but kinda related subject ive been working on a Thermal Detonator and A Tracking fobb from the mandalorian. Im just messing about with capacitors and resistors and all that fun stuff to get the L.E.Ds to flash. I bought 3d printed items from ebay for approx £4 each so i don't expect spectacular results, its just something to keep me busy until my Bobamaker unpainted helmet arrives next month. Can i just also point out they have only had a coat of primer and some rudimentary wiring done, plenty more sanding and finishing and soldering before i can do the best bit, painting and weathering

Attachments

• 20211016_223004.jpg
    20211016_223004.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 200
Hello my fellow Fetts!
I hope everyone had themselves a great Thanksgiving and is getting ready for a fun Holiday season! As an update, I know Halloween has past but here is a photo from that night of my daughter (Ally) with me standing behind her. You can see Boushh standing next to her. The young lady in that costume is in the 501st and is helping me with insight and knowledge on this build.
:cool:(y)
Ally and the Pros.jpg

Sandman (Todd) - back in October, said he'd get started building my kit. Todd quoted me a time frame of Mid-December till it would be ready. I ordered from Sandman the following:
1) The Helmet
2) A Bandolier Kit
3) A set of Boot Discs

I'm happy to report that Sandmand is a man of his word and I received the package today! In addition Todd had great communication with most replies back to me within 5mins to 48 hours - which is perfectly acceptable by me. This is a great kit! Here are some pics.....

The kit as I ordered it....
The Sandman Kit.jpg

And some pics of the helmet, it looks like I'm Todd's 299th customer to receive this helmet too!....
Sandman Helmet - All Pics.jpg

And the boot discs....
Sandman - Boot Discs.jpg

And finally the bandolier kit....
Sandman Bandolier Kit.jpg

I've got a long way to go, but this is gonna be a fun little build. I'm gonna get right into it after the holidays!

Best,
-Iron

Last edited:
"..Ally (My Daughter): "Dad, I wanna join you next year as someone from Star Wars!"

I know I will have succeeded as a father, if I can someday get my daughter to want to troop with me. :)

GeekdadX7
I'm super proud of muh kid! Kind hearted, and does extremely well in school! Totally deserving of this! Plus I may have sealed the deal even further by dragging her along to the local "Con" last weekend - The Emerald City Comic Con (ECCC)! It was my very first con and oh boy, did they have a huge turn out with about 55k people attending it! I needed someone to assist me with my vest, back armor and jetpack! But here is me in my ROTJ Fett and my kid!
ECCC 2021.jpg

She was like: "Dad, this is like Disneyland, just without the rides!"

Cheers,
-Iron

Hello my fellow Fetts!
I hope everyone had themselves a great Thanksgiving and is getting ready for a fun Holiday season! As an update, I know Halloween has past but here is a photo of my daughter (Ally) with me standing behind her. You can see Boushh standing next to her. The young lady in that costume is in the 501st and is helping me with insight and knowledge on this build.
View attachment 217933

Sandman (Todd) - back in October, said he'd get started building my kit. Todd quoted me a time frame of Mid-December till it would be ready. I ordered from Sandman the following:
1) The Helmet
2) A Bandolier Kit
3) A set of Boot Discs

I'm happy to report that Sandmand is a man of his word and I received the package today! In addition Todd had great communication with most replies back to me within 5mins to 48 hours - which is perfectly acceptable by me. This is a great kit! Here are some pics.....

The kit as I ordered it....
View attachment 217934

And some pics of the helmet, it looks like I'm Todd's 299th customer to receive this helmet too!....
View attachment 217935

And the boot discs....
View attachment 217936

And finally the bandolier kit....
View attachment 217937

I've got a long way to go, but this is gonna be a fun little build. I'm gonna get right into it after the holidays!

Best,
-Iron
Always nice to hear good reviews about vendors. Enjoy.

So I realized that I haven't put down my list of items I'll be getting. So here is what I've come up with so far!

DescriptionVendorStatus
Helmet KitSandmanReceived
Bandolier KitSandmanReceived
Boot DiscsSandmanReceived
Disney Parks - Thermal DetonatoreBayReceived
Helmet LED Kit (124mm)FettronicsReceived
Leather Kit (for Helmet)AlvomediaReceived
CloakAlvomediaReceived
Spats/Boot CoversAlvomediaReceived
Ubese Clan Belt w/BuckleAlvomediaReceived
Outer TunicDavid Neth (TDH)Received
Girth BeltAlvomediaReceived
Sleeve w/Spikes (for Inner Shirt)AlvomediaReceived
GlovesAmazonReceived
PantsReWashReceived
BootsClark'sReceived
Chest ArmorDark Shadow (The RPF)Received
TanksDark Shadow (The RPF)Received
VibrostaffUnknownNot Yet Researched
InnershirtUnder ArmorReceived
Neck SealJoAnne’s FabricReceived

I've been getting some items the past few weeks now. More to come!

-Iron

Last edited:
So, as stated in the post right above this one, I've been getting some items these past few weeks! I engaged a vendor known as alvomedia and found that she has a bunch of stuff for the Boushh costume! After reviewing the pictures of those items, I fully intend to get everything she has to offer - which again is listed above! For those interested Avlomedia - who also goes by Boushh Build, has a Facebook Page dedicated for the sales of her products and services. As of right now, I know that she is very busy and gets tons of requests for helmet commissions. Her work, from what I've seen is nothing short of amazing! Alvomedia has consistently knocked out helmet commissions within 10-14 days. However, I've elected to do my daughters helmet build myself. I fear that my build will not be that quick.

Here is the Leather Kit from Alvomedia, which is pre-cut and pre-fitted specifically for a Sandman helmet and for the snout area of the helmet (Pictured with Sandman's resin pieces)...
Alvomedia - Leather Kit.jpg

I don't think Fettronics needs any introduction as he's a well respected vendor of Fett Chest LED's here on TDH. I'm a proud owner of a Fettronics LED Kit in my ROTJ Fett Chest Armor! After a great experience with Fettronics, I decided to become a repeat customer as he also offers up a Boushh Helmet LED Kit. And here is that kit...
Fettronics LED's.jpg

Fettronics offers a few different sizes to this kit and the one that I got that I feel that fits the Sandman helmet perfectly is his 124mm size. The other cool thing about this kit is that it comes with a dial so you can speed up or slow down the cadence of the blinking between the two rows of LED's.
(y)

Also received were the Spats/Boot Covers from Alvomedia (Pictured here with the Sandman Resin Boot Greeblies)...
Spats - Boot Covers.jpg

I also got the Cloak from Alvomedia (I had to spread it out on my foosball table)...
Cloak.jpg

I also picked up a set of children's gloves (Size: Kids Large) from Amazon...
Gloves.jpg

I'm not concerned about that company logo Handlandy on there as it'll get covered up by the sleeves and fist spikes!

I also started to prep the helmet by getting my rough cuts in place on the Visor, LED Window and on the back side of the helmet.
Helmet - Visor.jpg

Helmet - LED Window.jpg

Helmet - Back.jpg

Another concern is that I was told that the Sandman helmet is notoriously small and a tight fit on larger noggins. I'm 6'2" and my head measured around just above my eyebrow measured at 23.25 inches. My daughter who is presently growing like crazy, her head size is 22 inches (And she's 10 YEARS OLD!!) I imagine her head is probably close to fully grown (I hope). But after my rough cuts I tested it on myself.....turns out, I was able to get it on.....just barely - Hahaha!
Boushh Helmet on Iron.jpg

When my daughter got home from school that day she had NO issues in getting it on/off! <Whew>
1643172584109.png

In short, I feel like I'm making some decent progress....but there is much left to do!

Cheers,
-Iron

Last edited:
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back