APPROVED! Evan1701's ESB Boba Fett WIP (BH-81989)

Been a while since my last update. I've mostly been biding my time waiting for my updated items to come in for approval. My Mike M. gloves arrived a few weeks ago, and my longer girth belt will be here Monday. The Mike M. gloves are AMAZING. I did NOT want to weather them. But, alas, I did! I also was able to find the correct metal o-rings and add them to my EE-3. My GML didn't much care but I think it adds just a small touch of authenticity.

I was able to work with my GML and get together a condensed list of changes I need to make for approval.

1. Darken center diamond- DONE! I used Humbrol green 76 with some heavy black weathering to make it much more screen accurate today.
2. Weather gloves- DONE!
3. Bring in flak vest so it's not so baggy- DONE! I realized I was wearing it waaaay too loose, so I added some extra velcro to bring it in tighter and it looks amazing now.
4. Remove red stripe from anti-security shin tool- DONE!
5. Obtain and strap up longer girth belt- will be done by Monday.

Kept the armor out so I could make sure I got the shade right:

8kDqpkxl.jpg

Bye bye ROTJ red stripe!

KNgfsaWl.jpg

Monday I will be ready to resubmit my approval pics, so I'll have a big pic-heavy update for y'all then. Crossing my fingers I can be approved by the Solo premiere Thursday.

Alright kids! Here's my last round of approval pics. Feeling good about these. Most of the changes are pretty subtle from the previous iteration, the biggest being the girth belt and the gloves. Pics are off to the GML once again, so we'll see what he says.

I hate the spin around pics, so here are the best ones :D

UC2enpKl.jpg

YdobRhel.jpg

OzRMGJMl.jpg

dixlegwl.jpg

Cross my fingers!

Thanks everyone. It's been an insane journey. Some good, some bad. I'm hoping my wife and I can get really good at suiting me up and down so I can make it my primary trooping costume.

Thanks everyone. It's been an insane journey. Some good, some bad. I'm hoping my wife and I can get really good at suiting me up and down so I can make it my primary trooping costume.

I am lost when my wife is not with me and I have to teach newbies how to dress me up! :)

At tonight's troop there was a pro photographer taking tons of pics. This appears to be the only on they actually posted on their Facebook page :p hopefully we'll see some more tomorrow!

33400741_1946570088686848_938698826624008192_n.jpg

33400741_1946570088686848_938698826624008192_n.jpg

Hi everyone! Been a minute since I've been active, but my Boba Fett remains the pride of my costume collection. At least, it was, until a series of failures at a troop in May forced me to hang up the cape. The pic below was from that troop.

_nc_ohc=zpdvLnpngkQAX-IJOSt&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

What happened?
  • My flamer got caught on a chair and exploded into a million pieces while I was getting dressed
  • I noticed the flak jacket was beginning to develop multiple rips after dekitting
  • The jetpack harness literally fell to pieces when I took it off
I want to fix what needs to be fixed, but make some necessary QOL improvements to the costume as well. Anyone I ever troop with will tell you they HATE helping me dress as Fett because my jetpack harness was strapped poorly so it was always a struggle to get the pack on, and it was common for me to dekit and notice one of the straps hanging loose.

Here's what I need to get this costume back on its feet:
  • New flamethrower, preferably one that is a little more robust. Are there some robust flamer kits out there that everyone is using?
  • Who makes the best flak jacket, with strap cutouts and weathered? I can weather armor just fine but when it comes to weathering soft goods, I'm trash. I know Bobamaker does this but I'd like to shop around.
  • Is there a good tutorial on how to properly strap up the jetpack harness? My hackjob with seat belt material and rivets was always the bane of my existence.
  • I'm also planning on re-strapping my gauntlets, as you can see in the pic they gap considerably because I have elastic straps between the top and bottom halves so I can stretch it over my hand. I'm going to instead have internal straps attached to the top half that I can cinch tight to my wrist, with the bottom half hinged with magnetic clasp.
  • When I order a new flak vest, I'd also like to order a new neck seal. The one I currently have makes me feel like I'm being choked (in a bad way).
  • I'd also like to try my hand at better weathering my flightsuit, I've never liked what I did with it as the weathering hardly shows up at all in daylight. Are there any tutorials out there for this?

For the flamer, Minutefett’s new metal offering is fantastic. I’m very pleased with mine.

Re: the flak vest, I recommend going with Arkady. You need to cut the slits for jetpack harness yourself, but this is best because you can get the positioning just how you want it. Ask a friend who sews to close up the edges for you.

As for weathering, get yourself some Dirty Down and just go for it. It’s washable so you can’t screw up! Follow some references, think about how things get dirty in the real world, and have fun.

I made a “how to strap your harness” over on my tread. (If it still works) if not give me a headsup and i Will make a new ;)

This is the way….

This thread is more than 6 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back