01Hawk WIP : Supertrooper

Could it be the block is inside, and it was used to balance flow to the thrusters in the practical smoke effects used in the first white jetpack?

Could it be the block is inside, and it was used to balance flow to the thrusters in the practical smoke effects used in the first white jetpack?
It was probably a bleeder valve used next to the gas line to insure no air was in the fuel line prior to the feed going from the gas connection next to it to the flamethrower (note there is one on that end as well)

Sent via Holonet from Slave I

It's hard to say. It could be that. I think there is a pic showing air brush gas cans feeding that. I have been working with the idea that the guts of the ST flamethrower are the same as the PrePro exposed ones. I don't know that is true now. The housed flamethrower gas line feeds directly into the housing vs the exposed one feeds into the gauntlet and then a small hose feeds the metal tube . Frustrating lol.

D7A16FBF-6DC7-4A69-A548-891A58E00160.jpg

Sorry for the late response, was at Celebration. I have not had a hinge fall off or break loose yet. Mine are not fiberglassed. The only issue with not doing that is that I have to keep them locked together when storing them - but I would do that anyway. Otherwise no issues and with as many people that physically run into me at shows I have them pretty well tested haha.
Wow really? I feel like my biggest fear would be these things cracking apart. I could be wrong but the resin feels so fragile. Wish i could have seen you at celebration, your suits incredible!

Wow really? I feel like my biggest fear would be these things cracking apart. I could be wrong but the resin feels so fragile. Wish i could have seen you at celebration, your suits incredible!

It's crazy how hard it was to meet up with people! I did get to meet a few people but it is hard to put a name with someone unless they introduce themselves haha. Here are some pics of mine. Dual internal hinges , epoxied in, never had a failure yet nor any signs of seperation etc. I didn't screw them or plug them ... just set them in and epoxied over and under them.

6BFE8238-4E8A-4CFF-B948-DBFEAC7CF512.jpg

D646AC9B-4DEB-4E86-95A3-BFB301861509.jpg

Home Depot /Lowes .. they are called " continuous hinge" located by the door handles/cabinet trim sections. I cut the rods out, separated the hinge, bent the rods into loops at the end and polished them to slide easier .
Thanks so much for the intel. I may utilize this method since I have yet to fully commit to anything on my gauntlets.

Thanks so much for the intel. I may utilize this method since I have yet to fully commit to anything on my gauntlets.

I like it since I hate the look of an external hinge. It does however require someone helping you to put them on. This isn't an issue for me since I need help with other parts to get dressed anyway

I like it since I hate the look of an external hinge. It does however require someone helping you to put them on. This isn't an issue for me since I need help with other parts to get dressed anyway
Depending on the size of your hands, you can often slide the gauntlets on easily fully hinged. I often put mine on and off this way. Hose hookup requires help of course.

Sent via Holonet from Slave I

So while I was looking for other found parts I stumbled across this photo.

hose connector.jpg

I know the hose connecter in the photo isn't the right one due to not being brass, red, or the wrench flats being the correct size but its close and designed the same way as the part that was used from what I can tell. That was a hose connecter from Martin Baker for airplanes. I believe it was used on some ejection seats.

@01Hawk That piece that looks like the rocket tip...what is it and where did you find it??? (y)

Just going thru random pics on Google and it came up on that general supply site Alibaba... was a dental bur/file holder. Couldn't find any old ones yet , just thought it looked pretty close.

- - - Updated - - -

So while I was looking for other found parts I stumbled across this photo.

View attachment 108605

I know the hose connecter in the photo isn't the right one due to not being brass, red, or the wrench flats being the correct size but its close and designed the same way as the part that was used from what I can tell. That was a hose connecter from Martin Baker for airplanes. I believe it was used on some ejection seats.

That is really close !! It also looks like the ones on their oxygen masks were red ones painted green. I will add that to my quest haha.

I may actually have this build done this weekend. I have a new jetpack for it but that's gonna get done later. I have to go to the hardware store to find a decent sized brass adapter but these look pretty good to me. Just have to attach my hoses , order a new belt and make the cover thing to block the view of all the greeblies I spent a ton of time getting.

61ECE325-EEC9-4E3B-9201-F79F08A8414B.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back