01Hawk WIP : Supertrooper

ok awesome, Its def the way I'm gonna go but was wondering if epoxy would be enough. Love that clean flush sealed look. did you fiberglass you gaunts as well? I think I mentioned before but your build is amazing man.

ok awesome, Its def the way I'm gonna go but was wondering if epoxy would be enough. Love that clean flush sealed look. did you fiberglass you gaunts as well? I think I mentioned before but your build is amazing man.

Sorry for the late response, was at Celebration. I have not had a hinge fall off or break loose yet. Mine are not fiberglassed. The only issue with not doing that is that I have to keep them locked together when storing them - but I would do that anyway. Otherwise no issues and with as many people that physically run into me at shows I have them pretty well tested haha.

Got to show Steve Sansweet my Uzi and ask him about the yellow things on the side. He complimented the gun but didn't know what the yellow pieces were. Nice guy, spent some time looking over my suit and gun. So .. the hunt will continue.

Wrapping up the final parts of my build and hoping to get it approved. I ruined this piece trying to grind it down and that made me want to make sure it was worth it before continuing. The part looks pretty close. There is also one mounted on the PrePro flamethrower as well. Eventually I hope to find the real part but for now it will do. It is not the size of a standard air hose quick dosconnect. I have been looking at vintage airbrush kits since there was an air brush brand gas canister in the pic in one of the reference pics.
7B9473E0-786E-4544-B55F-4A9BF8F88868.jpg

Have to get a smaller brass fitting for it as well

nice meeting you at C8 bud...thanks for the Files too! Great looking suit!

Nice to meet you as well!! Glad you liked it! Getting feedback from peers is always appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Still looking for the switch thing to the far left. The shaft is extremely thin and with the lock but being so small at the base of it it doesn't look like a flip type switch to me ( I could easily be wrong). To me it look like it would be maybe arotary type switch? Or maybe a plunger type?
A1A191C4-D3FF-4C74-8445-5C1D557EDFD9.jpg

Left switch definitely looks like a rotary switch. Try looking at guitar volume/tone knobs. They look very similar when you pull the knob off.

Edit: maybe not from a guitar, but definitely looks like some type of potentiometer.

I didn't order one yet since I am still working on finding an exact match. I would think you could remove the valve part from this block. https://www.ebay.com/itm/111358478539

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure it will be considered a metering valve or needle valve of some sort. Need to go look at some old parts at antique places

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back