Jet Pack WIP of my beacon light kit

It is possible to change my old servo kit to work the led, its what is running the led in the videos.
Here are pics of the kit mounted inside my jetpack. I had a troop this past weekend and it worked the whole time.

IMG_0595.JPG

IMG_0596.JPG

IMG_0579.JPG

Bearkiller442, I got the samples yesterday, thanks. After playing with the 3d model I did, I am just going to include a printed diffuser with the kit; they look nice, are easy to make and are low cost.

Here is a video with different colored LEDS and a 3d printed diffuser. I used a multicolored LED that has a red, blue, and green connection.
https://youtu.be/GKBx8vEbk7E

I have almost all of the parts for the kit and the board is just about finished being designed (I am going to try to finish the design tonight). I don't like to take money without having something in hand to send out, but I am having some real life issues and all my extra money is going towards that. So, with that being said, if there are 5 people that are willing to pay for a kit now; they will be $65 including shipping, and wait about 2 to 3 weeks for the parts to come in and the kits to be built, I will post my PayPal info. The money from these 5 sales will buy the boards, and the LEDS and some switches to start and finish the entire run of kits (this run will be for 20 kits total).

I will start the list here.

1. Sarlacc

Thanks for looking at the kit and I will get them out to the 5 people as soon as the parts come in. Once the full run gets going I will close this thread and start adding the kits to the sellbuddy ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I can get 2 more people to preorder, I will be able to order the remaining parts for the entire run.

Hi JC, is it possible to hook the kit up to an existing push button switch on the bottom of my jet pack, this way I can reach round and and control it while trooping without having to fit more switches. (see attached)IMG_3128.jpg

I am taking pre orders for a few kits right now. Once I get the 5 preorders, I will order the parts I need to do the entire first run of kits (should be 15-20 kits). It should only take a few weeks to get everything in and start building these.
Daft Aider, is the switch on your jetpack a double pole switch with a center off position? That is what I use to select the led mode, so that is what the switch would need to be to change between the 3 led modes.

The new boards are here. I will build a kit in the next few days and post some pics.

Hey Jc you can count me in for a kit. I should be receiving my jet pack in the next couple of weeks, this will go great. Thanks

Sent from my iPad

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back