Jet Pack What colour for ESB jetpack dental file / greeble?

Notlewis

Active Hunter
I was lucky that my wife, working for a dentist, could organize a KERR dental file for my ESB jetpack. Now I tried a search for the correct colour, so I can paint it. In the original pics from ESB it seems blue with a red top. Is this correct? Some of the propmakers show their ESB jetpacks with a complete blue coloured dental file. HELP! :) Thanks in advance!

P3031022.JPGBoba-Fett-Costume-Empire-Strikes-Back-08.jpgBoba-Fett-Costume-Empire-Strikes-Back-08 - Kopie.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
RafalFett, that would make sense...

I´m just wondering that even the 501st "Costume Reference Library" says:

"For level three certification (if applicable):
Jetpack has accurate Micro Mego Dental File (or cast replica) blue in color in front of stabilizer."

The Supertrooper/Pre-Pro #1/Pre-Pro #3 jetpack has a red dental file. Not sure about the Pre-Pro #2, but it looks like jetpack blue; the same goes for the Promo #1/ROTJ jetpack too (no evidence of the Promo #2). The ESB dental file has a jetpack green body with piano key red on top.

The Supertrooper/Pre-Pro #1/Pre-Pro #3 jetpack has a red dental file. Not sure about the Pre-Pro #2, but it looks like jetpack blue; the same goes for the Promo #1/ROTJ jetpack too (no evidence of the Promo #2). The ESB dental file has a jetpack green body with piano key red on top.

Thank you!

looks like its time to update my JP dental file color. lol

Sent from my R2 unit

I just got my hands on a file. Was I the only one surprised at how tiny this thing is? And yea I hear you major. Shade looks different to me too.

End result: if you want to be 501st compatible, you should paint it blue. RafalFett mentioned the red/green colour combination, which I really like.

Thanks for your help everyone! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back