Flight Suit Washing flightsuit

Simon1986

New Hunter
Hi guys

After doing my first troop in the past week which I throughly enjoyed I have become stuck. After the troop I was incredibly sweaty and the jacket was rather moist! ;) So I want to wash my flightsuit but I'm worried if I do will all the weathering that's been done wash out? Wondering how you all get on with it.

Thanks

it depends on what you used to weather it. if you used a spray bottle of rit dye it might fade a little, but overall it shouldn't be a problem. spray paint weathering might lose some but it would still look dirty. more natural weathering techniques, i'm not so sure about.

I used spray paints and I have washed mine with no ill effects. In fact it probably evened out everything a bit.

But most of the time I just Febreze..........

I washed mine because I overweathered and it was looking a little gray. That did bring the blue back, but didn't seem to get rid of weathering. It will definitely change it slightly.

Nice question and great tip. New use for vodka instead of drinking it. I don't know if my wife will understand "I need some vodka for my costume":lol:

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back