1. We have upgraded our platform!

To learn more about the migration and how to use new features, please click here.

Dismiss Notice

Flight Suit Washing flightsuit

Discussion in 'Boba Fett Costume' started by Simon1986, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Simon1986

Simon1986 New Member

Hi guys

After doing my first troop in the past week which I throughly enjoyed I have become stuck. After the troop I was incredibly sweaty and the jacket was rather moist! ;) So I want to wash my flightsuit but I'm worried if I do will all the weathering that's been done wash out? Wondering how you all get on with it.

Thanks

2. Mattcover

Mattcover Jr Member

Febreze!

DeathProof likes this.
  3. DeathProof

DeathProof Active Member

Matt's right. Just use Febreze. Don't risk washing out the weathering.

Mattcover likes this.
  4. Mike M.

Mike M. Well-Known Member

it depends on what you used to weather it. if you used a spray bottle of rit dye it might fade a little, but overall it shouldn't be a problem. spray paint weathering might lose some but it would still look dirty. more natural weathering techniques, i'm not so sure about.

5. Mullreel

Mullreel Well-Known Member

I used spray paints and I have washed mine with no ill effects. In fact it probably evened out everything a bit.

But most of the time I just Febreze..........

6. clmayfield

clmayfield Member

I washed mine because I overweathered and it was looking a little gray. That did bring the blue back, but didn't seem to get rid of weathering. It will definitely change it slightly.

7. Arkady

Arkady Active Member

I know it sounds crazy but an old theatre trick is to spritz it with vodka. The alcohol kills the bacteria that makes it smell and then dissipates.

01Hawk, BobaKen and Mattcover like this.
  8. gablesz

gablesz Jr Member

Arkady is right. At dragon con (4 day long troop) I always take vodka to spray on my stuff. Works great.