General Tubes for Gauntlets

Neo Fett

Active Hunter
What kind of tubes/hoses do I get for my gauntlets?
These things:
SNC00732.jpg

Swing by Home Depot or just about any other hardware/ building materials store. I just left the home Depot, they sell it in droves. Its called braided plastic tubing or something. Take a pic with you, the attendants will be able to show you.

Depends on how super accurate you want it to be. The screen used hose is metric and not sold at any normal chain store. It is 14mm OD with 8mm ID. Never know when someone could come up with a set of calipers and call you out on 2 mm !

Depends on how super accurate you want it to be. The screen used hose is metric and not sold at any normal chain store. It is 14mm OD with 8mm ID. Never know when someone could come up with a set of calipers and call you out on 2 mm !

You know the exact size? Can you find me some? I'd rather be more accurate than not!

5/16 inch is pretty darn close to 8 millimeters (7.9375). Although the OD is a little further off (13.494), bring on the calipers ;-P

The 8x14 measurement comes from the Supertrooper inventory list ( listed as latis line). I was just looking at Home Depot the other day since it is one of the last things I need to do.

Lol dv8r ... The size you listed is fine and I don't think anyone would be able to pick up the variance. I saw the metric sizes on eBay in the UK but is don't think it is worth importing . And I am now adding calipers to stuff kept in my pouches just In case we meet!

Last edited by a moderator:
The 8x14 measurement comes from the Supertrooper inventory list ( listed as latis line). I was just looking at Home Depot the other day since it is one of the last things I need to do.

Lol @dv8r ... The size you listed is fine and I don't think anyone would be able to pick up the variance. I saw the metric sizes on eBay in the UK but is don't think it is worth importing . And I am now adding calipers to stuff kept in my pouches just In case we meet!

lmao (y)

Lol @dv8r ... The size you listed is fine and I don't think anyone would be able to pick up the variance. I saw the metric sizes on eBay in the UK but is don't think it is worth importing . And I am now adding calipers to stuff kept in my pouches just In case we meet!

Make a cover for it to look like the sonic weapon or the knife handle

I'm not familiar with either of these methods of dying. Can you elaborate?

Sure, the coffee bit was soaking the tubes in coffee grounds, I had mine soaking in a bucket, refreshed daily, for at least a week before giving up, and the wash was a bit of watered down brown (straw and burnt umber leftover from weathering my boots, 1:1) acrylic run through the inside of the tubes, which I did a couple of times. I was using Deathproof's build for reference, he goes through the same steps here: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/deathproofs-rotj-fett-bh-32794-a-48471/index9.html#post652008

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back