Sideshow Premium Format ESB Boba Fett

What is this?!!! A jetpack for ANTS???!!!
567y2b5.gif

Great job, bro! It's funny to see the lengths you'll go to in order to avoid finishing the showoff thread for your EE-3. ;) Can't wait to see this completed!

now if i can just get @MachineCraft to make me a functioning beacon, I'll be good to go!

I lol'd

Last edited by a moderator:
What is this?!!! A jetpack for ANTS???!!!

Great job, bro! It's funny to see the lengths you'll go to in order to avoid finishing the showoff thread for your EE-3. ;) Can't wait to see this completed!

THE JETPACK HAS TO BE AT LEAST... 3 TIMES BIGGER THAN THIS!

dude i just got a tri-pod for my iPhone, just so i can record the show off video.

I won't fail you. I'm not afraid!

Sent from my R2 unit

I'm new to all this, but very particular. I didn't know any better as of a month ago. After deciding to finally bite the bullet and build an ESB Boba, I've become much more educated over the past few weeks due to this great forum. As a result, I hadn't checked the accuracy of my Sideshow piece sitting on the shelf. I just did after seeing this. I already had one issue I needed to contact them about... The cape attachment. Either the attachment piece on the collar stud is too long or the opening wasn't drilled all the way. I also realized I have the same issue with the wookie braids being backwards. Luckily no X on the helmet. I also agree the gauntlets seem awkward/oversized.

Anyways, keep up the great work!

You're killing it on this Jeremy!

Oh my god, that left gauntlet is horrid. And what the heck is that little circle button thing on the right side??
I'm not even going to mention the flamethrower, cause when I saw it I threw up in my mouth a little.

Has this been finished yet? I want to see the final assembly!

me too!!! updates VERY soon. its 130 degrees in my "shop" so painting has been difficult. gotta love AZ in the summer, even at night its 90+. last night i set up every portable fan i have and piped all the AC from the house into the garage. finally got to lay some paint down for my commission and my 1/4 scale! shoulders and knees!!!

Sent from my R2 unit

me too!!! updates VERY soon. its 130 degrees in my "shop" so painting has been difficult. gotta love AZ in the summer, even at night its 90+. last night i set up every portable fan i have and piped all the AC from the house into the garage. finally got to lay some paint down for my commission and my 1/4 scale! shoulders and knees!!!

Sent from my R2 unit

Yikes! AZ sounds fun! Florida has been decent since the Hurricane passed...

That doesn't look bad....

whatever you say bud, but i think i'm making it look a little better [emoji6]

updates! sorry for the delay but my armor commission had to come first and painting in the shop has only been possible the past two weeks as AZ night temps finally dipped into the 90's. and still had to set up fans in the doorway to pipe AC into the shop.

so back to the fun stuff. the shoulders had the dents completely wrong. the right shoulder's lower dent was way off and the larger double dent was non existent! the left shoulder had an added dent for some apparent reason, odd because none of the versions have any dents on the left bell.
7688b5e555825f6b1f42badfe623a988.jpg

more good work Sideshow! LOL pretty easy fixes...
8426c74ca5c9cf65d62ebe6517556ca3.jpg

aaand as if they never existed.
56e5f0f6cbf129e08a0cf0b05ceb055d.jpg

colorized...
6abe54ffd88652334348de2a2d75e217.jpg

also updated the knees. the right knee dent was 'close enough' but the left knee was missing the upper dent and the lower gouge was almost non-existent, not to mention, also out of place. noticing a trend?
b7de9be360ce24752fda22e6fba1527e.jpg

fast forward a bit and we have something quite familiar [emoji3]
3c9d9fc5121b0ae35d220aaa6fa6a5a6.jpg

219d0e06aa21328cb7387083b9678896.jpg

updated the knee darts a bit. the larger 3 followed the same sloppy detail painting as the rest of the original statue so they were fixed. the smaller dart bugged me, so i clipped the pointy tip, added the hole and now have what at least resembles the found Michell part.
24ff3c7e0b383ab4d22901622245f04e.jpg

e996a28d4980d766e2701f784acabbba.jpg

still working out a plan of attack for the left shoulder bell, i will not rest until an accurate mythosaur skull is staring back at me [emoji851] more to come on that but in the mean time, a peak at what's next...
35d630bb651f1e79a7b8936b8f7f198c.jpg

cheers!

Sent from my R2 unit

Looking amazing, J.
For the skull, maybe you could somehow find a mini decal? Like for a model?? I don't know how feasible that is, just throwing it out there.
Keep up the great work!

Looking amazing, J.
For the skull, maybe you could somehow find a mini decal? Like for a model?? I don't know how feasible that is, just throwing it out there.
Keep up the great work!

okok, i wont keep it a secret how i plan on doing the skull... and way ahead of you brother... water slide decal! for both the skull and the feather on the chest armor. i already used one on the jetpack for the white detail on the lower left.
9ad199d4109ee21d5fb217948a57ac87.jpg

only issue is that decal printing peeps everywhere cant print white! the pink you see surrounding the skull shows up transparent pink against a white background, just like on the paper, no white [emoji53]. so i've masked off the shoulder to paint the container but i will have to order another sheet of just the skull in different sizes to find the perfect one. i can fill up one of these sheets with skulls for the same price as it costs to just print one so i've got plenty of room to figure it out! just hoping the red ink will be solid enough to not show the color difference between the yellow and white where the skull overlaps both at the outside of the tusks.

Sent from my R2 unit

I should have known you already had it figured out!

lol but of course! i contacted Lucksy31 to see if he could do a mini sticker but that didn't work out. so its either these as a solution or ill have to get with Darth Voorhees for a tiny stencil lolol. what do you say Lou???

Sent from my R2 unit

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back