Sideshow Life-Size Fett

ugh awful :( It practically negates all the time and effort put in by the people who helped design it. I mean whats the point in getting top guys on the subject to do this and then only follow 10% of what was layed out for them?

Lee mentioned that he had put money down on one when he say the prototype and talked to some of the folks at sideshow about it. Once he saw the process of how it was progressing, he canceled his order and got a refund.

- - - Updated - - -

As for his helmet, not sure.

sad thing about sideshow i notice they tend to delete negative comments i've made several on their site about accuracy on different figures not just stars wars and my post's simply vanished why i'm hesitant to buy from them

I'm curious about some of the decisions that were made on this piece. Why leave off the thumb print on the helmet? You're already doing a pretty complex paint scheme, what could it hurt to add a couple white smudges?

I know this thread has been pretty dormant but I just saw the question you posed and my guess it would come down to paint colors. Isn't the thumb print kind of a white-ish? It was probably left off because it was a unique color only for that one spot. In a production capacity, it's easier and cheaper to limit paints and individual applications. Just my thought, though.

Looks like this thing is actually shipping now because someone at the RPF just posted pics of one. Good Lord, it's even worse than I could have ever imagined. Sideshow must love people like this who will just blindly buy their products with no regard whatsoever for quality. I feel bad for all the people on this forum who worked with SS to bring this project to life only to have their time ultimately wasted with a finished product that turned out looking like a fresh donkey turd.

http://www.therpf.com/f79/sideshow-boba-fett-1-1-unboxing-235515/?highlight=fett

Maybe I'm totally off base here, but the neck seal looks upside down? So maybe there's an excess of fabric stuffed under the helmet? neckseal.JPG

I really think that's what it is... I just looked at Budget Stark's video from Secret Base and you can plainly see an excess of fabric sticking out from under the helmet.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the chin skirt that attaches to the helmet so you can't see up into it. It was on the prototype as well. You just see more of it now because the helmet is so high.

image.jpg

Maybe, but I'd still be curious to see what it looks like with the neck seal flipped since it is clearly a separate piece. Because that skirt is creating an excess of fabric and is being tucked in somewhere, and judging by the way it looks to be assembled, it could create a tight fit within the neck tunnel/helmet tube.

I will say this, I'm really surprised at all the individual parts, even the diver belt was included. I feel like some of the parts look really good and then there's that neck...

The thing that is even more troublesome than the neck is how skinny the mannequin looks. Those arms and legs are like a stick figure. Also, what's with the large circular burn mark on the left leg? For $7500 plus shipping Sideshow will be lucky to sell 10 of these.

aside from the incorrect placement of the shoulder bell under the vest, every single picture i can see, there is a gap between the tusk and the skull of the mythosaur emblem indicating an ROTJ decal rather than ESB. without a head on shot there's no way to he certain but i see a gap in every picture of this so far. am i imaging things??ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426200555.761518.jpg

Sent from my R2 unit

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back