SarlaccSlayer14's ROTJ Build

I love surprises! Apparently I ordered these original part shin tools when they were backordered, and they suddenly showed up at my door last week.

This costume really is a living project - full of continuous upgrades and fine-tuning.

93E2E58F-700A-4D2F-ADDA-04D90FC5ADA1.jpeg

SS, your flightsuit fits you so well! Did you get it taken in or is that how it came from Carole?

Mine has some baggyness to it, and she suggested I wait until I get Armor until I bring it to a seamstress...

Are you referring to the jet pack repair? I’ve been curious of your progress with that.

What progress? Haha. Honestly, I've jury-rigged it each time I've worn it, using not-so-glamorous techniques and tools to keep the thrusters in place each time. It bugs me, but when the costume is worn and viewed as a whole, the JP thruster mounts aren't really noticeable at all... so I keep procrastinating on the repair.

SS, your flightsuit fits you so well! Did you get it taken in or is that how it came from Carole?

Mine has some baggyness to it, and she suggested I wait until I get Armor until I bring it to a seamstress...

Thanks! That's how my suit came from Carole. Mine was a little baggy in the crotch, which caused my thigh pockets to sit too low. To fix this, I wear a flat 5.11 tactical belt beneath my Fett belts, and pull my flight suit up so that it fits a bit more snug around the crotch and raises the thigh pockets to the correct height. I then drape the extra fabric over the top edge of the 5.11 belt, and everything is then concealed by my Fett belts (and possibly even my codpiece and kidney plate as well; I can't remember off hand). Bottom line is it's completely invisible.

My advice is to definitely wait until you have your armor and more info before going to a seamstress. Not sure where yours is baggy, but the codpiece, knees, and vest will definitely affect how the suit fits.

Been a while since I've posted an update, but I was able to break out my kit last weekend and meet Jeremy Bulloch at Great Philly Comic Con, as well as get some pics with a few friends. I even survived an in-person inspection from Crumdum, and it was good to meet him and get some face-to-face feedback!

Since I've learned that this costume will never truly be finished... my current fine-tuning areas are:
  • Add a little more padding in very top of helmet, allowing more of my neck to show (current padding has been smushed flat, causing the helmet to sit lower than I want)
  • Replace lost flamethrower switch on left gauntlet (can't be unseen)
  • Repair wiring/LED bulb on left gauntlet
  • Find a better way to close my right gauntlet (eliminating hinge and hiding those pesky screw-heads)
  • Repair broken jetpack thruster mount areas (currently jury-rigged)
  • Find greeblie on left gauntlet that attaches to "battery" box
  • Attach piece to bottom of rangefinder (managed to forget about this piece)
  • Add Velcro to knee armor (they keep sliding down)
  • A bit more weathering on parts of the vest
  • Re-examine how far out my darts protrude from gauntlet
  • Upgrade from MOW gloves to Mike M gloves (I have them, just need to weather them)
  • Remember to wear my shin tools!!!!

Great Looking Pictures Big J !! Very Nice !!! Looking back o your pics, you're a huge guy, you Make Jeremy look short, what are you, about 6'5" ??

Haha. 6’3”! Glad I got to meet Jeremy when I did! I saw the recent announcement that he’s retiring from convention appearances.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back