Jet Pack ROTJ Jetpack Expert Needed!

DentedCodPiece

New Hunter
Hi guys,

I'm just starting my MOW jetpack to finish off my suit (bar a few bits). I've seen what looks like a few variations of the jetpack. Like where the guantlets plug into the jetpack etc and also where different inscriptions/logos are. My jetpack has what looks like a nut/whole type thing on the bottom to the right but that's it (as you look at him from the back). I've seen some ref pics without anything on the bottom and some connection socket things on the inside bit that is nearest Boba's back. As I have this nutt thing on the bottom I'd like to follow whichever jet pack this is. Are any of you guys ROTJ Jetpack experts to know which pack I have and which paint up I should follow? My suit is closest to the special edition as it has an ESB helmet with everything else ROTJ (except the standard ROTJ flight suit).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Also, I was considering putting my progress on here if it helps anybody else. I'm not bad with a brush and an airbrush!!!

Rich

- - - Updated - - -

Ow also, I forgot to mention. If I go by the wrong ROTJ jetpack would that kill my chances of passing 501st clearance?

If you want RoTJ SE and RoTJ are different suits. You need to paint your armor and jetpack according to the version you want to paint. RoTJ SE actually was filmed using damaged jetpacks, but the promo shots show this version of the jetpack.

Boba-Fett-Costume-Special-Edition-19.jpg

The underside of this can be seen in one shot not used in the actual movie.

Boba-Fett-Costume-Return-of-the-Jedi-Skiff-05.jpg

JET PACK.jpg
Thanks Crumdum.

After altering the levels it does look like it has a nutt here? And perhaps some kind of socket over to the left where a pipe connects (which mine doesn't have). So this is just the standard ROTJ pack?

- - - Updated - - -

Could this have been a stunt pack though? They did use a different pack for the action seen at the sale barge didn't they?

- - - Updated - - -

Or was it just the armour?

The second image posted by crumdum depicts the ROTJ Hero jetpack and not a stunt pack.

Here is the ROTJ Hero jetpack at the C-IV exhibit:

Boba-Fett-Costume-CIV-Britt-011.jpg Boba-Fett-Costume-CIV-Britt-377.jpg

It looks like a push button. Maybe for turning the jetpack electronics on/off.

The missing connector most likely powered the chest light:

Boba-Fett-Costume-Return-of-the-Jedi-Skiff-02.jpg Boba-Fett-Return-of-the-Jedi-Stunt-Jetpack-26.jpg ITT_Cannon_XLR_3-Pin_Male_Receptacle.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey RafalFett I was wondering if you had any insight as to how the pack in the first photo that Crumdum posted was made? I'm wondering about the "thruster tanks" on the sides of the pack. The one on the left looks like it was casted then put inside the blue housing and then finally painted. It looks as though the entire tube has slid downward inside the blue housing judging by lack of paint on the bottom of the tube.

Last edited by a moderator:
The lower part of the fuel tank has an inner tube that allow the thrusters to sit comfortably:

Boba-Fett-Costume-SWTE-020509-019.jpg Boba-Fett-Costume-SWTE-020509-071.jpg Boba-Fett-Costume-SWTE-020509-095.jpg Boba-Fett-Costume-SWTE-11-23-2008-41.jpg

Here's my jetpack 3D model:

Jetpack Body to Print.jpg Jetpack Body to Print2.jpg

I may not have explained what I'm wondering about well. If you look at the left side of the pack where the blue meets the dark grey there is a big chunk of white in the photo that Crum posted.. On top of that it is in the exact same shape as the bottom angle of the blue section of the pack. Then when comparing the top of the grey tube where the decal and top cap is it looks like it is sitting inside of the blue section lower than the one on the right of the pack. Which makes me think that the entire grey tube part is separate from the body of the pack.

You are seeing ghosts....nothing sticks out...

post-7314-0-94884700-1480863338.jpg

Look sideways...but this is MY personal image of the exact same jetpack taken about 2 months ago while it was displayed in NYC.

Fett pack.PNG

So what's going on with the white in the left area I circled? And if you compare it to the right area I circled the left seems noticeably longer when comparing from the bottom of the lowest section of blue to the red cap at the bottom of the pack. As in the left tube has shifted downwards.

I see what you are referring to. Simple observation is this was a promi shot before the ROTJ SE version came out. The suit clearly was ruffed up in transport to the photo shoot but clearly was fixed after the photo shoot. This was the shoot where one of the hoses was ducttaped to the left gauntlet rocket.

Sent via Holonet from Slave I

Which is what I was thinking. That brings up my next question though, does the grey tube that has shifted downward go all the way through the blue section since the top part is shifted as well?

You would have to have built the jetpack to know. Different jetpacks were designed for different purposes in the movie. All are different and unique.

Sent via Holonet from Slave I

I agree, it almost confirms that it is a tube because of noticeable shift down from both the top and the bottom. Plus that white shadow area underneath also suggests that an unpainted area has been revealed by this shift!!! I'd say that's as close to fact as you can get!! In my opinion of course.Anyway....I think my jetpack IS this one. Thanks RafalFett. The hex nutt type shape I have is the bit around the white push button that goes inside it. Sorted. I'll follow this pack. My suit is definitely a bit of a hybrid but what the hell. I'll shortly start a new post with a breakdown of what I do. The amount of help I've obtained by reading what you guys have learned over the years, I think It's only right.

You are quite right. The tubes are separate and go all the way through the pack top and bottom. Keen eye!

I wonder why they decided to cast it this way? My assumption is that it was either to get super clean edges where the parts meet or they had the tubes as separate parts or scrap and cast around them to us the parts they had. That way they could get the size they wanted and us something they had on hand or could easily obtain.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back