General ROTJ costume build (conversion from SE)

I'll find time to photograph my mannequin properly some day, but here's a few phone shots of him lurking in the shadows of my living room.

20230114_082351.jpg

20230114_082436.jpg

20230114_082531.jpg

Like any good story, your build was a rollercoaster of trials and tribulations, steps forward and some back. Your thread is the epitome of DIY and being stubborn enough to never quit. I learned A TON and you have helped me (and so many others) in achieving our own builds. Thank you for sharing your time and your dedication.

Like any good story, your build was a rollercoaster of trials and tribulations, steps forward and some back. Your thread is the epitome of DIY and being stubborn enough to never quit. I learned A TON and you have helped me (and so many others) in achieving our own builds. Thank you for sharing your time and your dedication.
I am absolutely humbled by your reply man. Thank you for that.

Hey Mr. Tennantlim,

I recently have embarked on this journey of creating my very own ROTJ Boba Fett to fill a void of time and need to create something. This thread has helped me greatly!

As of recent, I’ve been stuck on the gauntlets, both left and right. Primarily the fitment/alignment and how to close/secure the gauntlets closed. Do you by chance have images on how the gauntlets are supposed to close? And to be secured?

And I just want to say thank you for your attention to detail and willingness to provide information and heavy detail for the community. I can’t thank you enough for your thread as it’s an amazing resource and inspiration!

Hey Mr. Tennantlim,

I recently have embarked on this journey of creating my very own ROTJ Boba Fett to fill a void of time and need to create something. This thread has helped me greatly!

As of recent, I’ve been stuck on the gauntlets, both left and right. Primarily the fitment/alignment and how to close/secure the gauntlets closed. Do you by chance have images on how the gauntlets are supposed to close? And to be secured?

And I just want to say thank you for your attention to detail and willingness to provide information and heavy detail for the community. I can’t thank you enough for your thread as it’s an amazing resource and inspiration!
Appreciate your kind words!

I simply use industrial strength velcro for my gauntlets. Pretty sure there are photos in my thread somewhere...

All the best with your build!

Appreciate your kind words!

I simply use industrial strength velcro for my gauntlets. Pretty sure there are photos in my thread somewhere...

All the best with your build!
I’ll have to dig through the thread!

For the Left Gauntlet mainly, Does the under half of the gauntlet overlap the upper half? I’m guessing yours are the correct way per the CRL. I’ve seen it flush or the top half goes over the bottom.

Thank you again!

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back