Price Estimates for a Helmet Paintjob?

FlyingFett

New Hunter
Hey guys. I was wondering what price estimates are for a ESB helmet paintjob. I got an estimate from Raizo Fett for 550, but was wondering if that's a solid price for painting since I'm new to this business.

Helmet paint ups are quite expensive but when it comes to "this buisness" you definetly get what you pay for it all comes down to what you consider good and what you are willing to spend/ how long your willing to wait if you are in a rush or on a budget you can occasionally find a good deal in the cargo hold

And of course there always is the option of learning to do your own paint up which is quite rewarding in itself if you have the time/patience

That seems like a very reasonable price to me, particularly for quality work that Razio offers. There are an awful lot of man-hours that go into painting an accurate lid, so it’s often a hard quote to gauge

Raizo does amazing work. His paint ups are worth the money just as Fett 4 Real's and Superjedi's paint ups.

I'd suggest though, if making the investment for an accurate paint job, you buy an accurate helmet.

I think that sounds like a very reasonable offer. If that price was converted into an hourly rate then I think it would become more apparent how little painters typically charge for their services. They'll also be factoring in the cost of the paints and their equipment thereby cutting the margins even further.

I'd suggest though, if making the investment for an accurate paint job, you buy an accurate helmet.

I'll echo this; the helmet picture you linked in another thread is one of the lesser quality Master Replicas recasts and has been altered in a way that has done it no favours.

Raizo does amazing work. His paint ups are worth the money just as Fett 4 Real's and Superjedi's paint ups.

Oh is there an issue with the helmet? I just bought it

It's a bad MR recast.

There are helmets sold here on the boards that are more accurate, better built, and of much higher quality.

It's comparing an old Buick LeSabre to a brand new Corvette.

You've made way too many threads about this man, check out some of the advice people already shared in the previous threads.

You'll find there's about 3 price/quality levels of paintjobs. Holloween teir which costs about as much as the rattlecans you buy for it, costuming/trooping tier which I'd say runs ballpark of 200-400, then archival quality which takes months of work and can range from 500 to a grand. And yeah, I wouldn't want to comment too much about a fellow etsy seller, but that sculpt is more of a low-level costuming cast, and an archival-level paintjob might be a bit of a waste on it. I don't even think my own sculpt would really be too worthy of one, at least not without a few aluminum upgrades.

Just fix on a quality level you're ok with, and buy accordingly.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back