Overwhelmed. Need direction.

Not sure anyone has mentioned it yet but here's my advice to you.
Don't be overwhelmed.... Make each piece as best you can but realize that you WILL replace it someday as your skills get better. When you're starting out, if it's close, it good enough. Don't obsess over the details starting out. Make a new and improved one later.
That's the story of my Fett.

Hi Pigelectric. I understand your anxiety with getting started on this type of project. I've just started to post on the forums after a two year build.
There is so much to learn, across the board,about ESB Boba. Everyone went through it in the beginning.
My best advice is to start with a small sub-assembly like the shin tools. You will have to use every technique in cleanup, surface prep, and painting that you will need for the rest of the parts on Boba.
Each shin tool is different and its own pat on the back when it's done. I went from them to the EE-3 and Pluce then on to the gauntlets, jetpack, armor,and finally the helmet.
It will keep you focused, and when you're working and need a break you can research the next one. It's great to see finished parts build up. But remember that the time that they all took to do is
about equal to what the helmet will take on its own. If you really want a good job the word is Patience.....Patience........and you'll get there. Did I mention patience. Best of luck!

Personally I started with the bucket, but I hadn’t yet decided to do the whole thing at the time. I just wanted a helmet and a blaster. It took a long time to get right but once completed it gave me the confidence to say “hey! I can do this whole thing no probs”. Starting on the small things is a better way to go looking back now. It gives you a chance to hone your skills, to practice painting and weathering etc. Never fret though friend you’ve got the unlimited resources of everyone on TDH!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back