Vest n00b question

dv8r

Hunter
Hi All,

I have looked and searched, but found no information on this, so I hope it's not something that everyone knows from posts decades ago. I have a question about a part of the RotJ costume seen in some of the promotional shots and some of the screen shots (but not all) from TDH's Gallery. If successful, you should be able to see the silver cord or pipe running under the left side of the chest armor and (in one shot) apparently down to the left thigh pocket highlighted in the photos I've attached to this post.

Any information will be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers,
dv8r

1.jpg

2.jpg

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

I'm by no means an expert on ROTJ, but I suspect that is the cable bundle that runs to the jetpack for the special effects, I know the middle shot there is immediately prior to the stunt pack blowing up after Han's vibroaxe hit.

It's more likely the cable that goes from the chest light to (possibly) a battery hidden in one of the pockets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Gilmortar and RafalFett,

It's more likely the cable that goes from the chest light to (possibly) a battery hidden in one of the pockets.

That's what I thought as well, especially after following the relatively straight-forward connection to something in the left thigh pocket in the first photo. I just figured that would have already been discussed here at length. I guess the answer is just too obvious to consider -- since it's clearly not there in all the screen captures, it must be a functional doodad rather than decoration with an in-universe explanation.

That's what I thought as well, especially after following the relatively straight-forward connection to something in the left thigh pocket in the first photo. I just figured that would have already been discussed here at length. I guess the answer is just too obvious to consider -- since it's clearly not there in all the screen captures, it must be a functional doodad rather than decoration with an in-universe explanation.

As you can see in this thread ==> ROTJ Chest Display Sequence (not full or totally accurate) the chest light is fully functional, but the light is faded and is visible in darker images.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back