Joey's ESB Build

& then for the yellow, I started the same way. From the beginning... Mask first!

BOBAYS.jpg

Then it was my first layer of yellow. This is Humbrol #154. This yellow is exceptionally light when you spray it on, so I did 2 layers just to be sure. So long as you have total coverage so that it shines through the gray weathering that is put on later. This was RIGHT after my 2nd coat so I understand it's a bit wet :lol:

BOBAYS2.jpg

After thorough drying, it was time to get the gray on. I used Humbrol #33 and #34 to mix together to get my gray (go figure). It was a process of slowly adding black and mixing. The weathering looks rather light in the references I was going off of, but mine was initially too light in my opinion.

BOBAYS3.jpg

A good look, but again, too light for me. So, I added some more black into the gray mix and went back in for a second pass. This is super light coating so I didn't wait terribly long to go over it again. It also helped that it was 76 degrees out with a nice breeze... The darker gray looked much better and I'm a lot happier with it.

IMG_1369.jpg

After getting my desired look, it was drying time and then off with the masking. Really happy with how this turned out as well. No satin finish for this little guy yet though. I'm having a friend of mine handpaint the crests onto my shoulder and chest armor as well as painting 2 of my shin tools. She has the proper supplies for handpainting and I figured I'll save some money and have her do them since she was ecstatic to get offered to do that :p

BOBAYS4.jpg

Here is a look at both shoulder pieces together in some good natural lighting. Super stoked to get the Mythosaur sigil painted on and seal everything up!

BOBASOAY.jpg

Since everything here is painted I wanted to set them onto my flak vest and get a look as to what it'll look like when they're attached. Honestly, it's awesome to have all these pieces painted and sealed. It's a handful of things checked off the list and now I just get to play the waiting game for the next pieces that will need painted. I'm looking forward to getting those in and ready to go. Especially that helmet...

BOBAUA.jpg

Got my Fettronics display in today! Love how quick and easy it is to setup. I'll end up putting a grommet behind the chest piece to run the wires through and attach my battery pack on the lower part of my side with some velcro. I'm also aiming to get all my armor pieces attached to my vest this weekend using bobamaker's method with grommets, bolts, and screw caps. I'll post pictures of that when it happens. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

fettronics.jpg

Also, I'd love to hear how anyone has gone about attaching the chest display to the back of the armor. I've seen a few that are just straight up hot glued down, some with pieces of foam etc. to make a cutout that the display sits in and whatever else. Let me know!

fettronics w armor.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back