Is this jet pack ok ?

Flykiller

Jr Hunter
Hi !

Once again I need help.
I bought this and I need your opinion.
I would like to know what you think about this jetpack for a ESB Boba Fett.
First, is the shape ok ?
Then, is the color ok ?

52861282110_b7458b3088_z.jpg

52860309582_1a6a9520da_z.jpg

52861278935_037f12306c_z.jpg

52861326978_30d72e086e_z.jpg

Many thanks,

Jérôme

It’s hard to tell scale wise, but at first glance it looks a little small based on the beacon and stabilizer. Speaking of beacon and stabilizer, they both look a little wonky, but that might be the platform they are sitting on. There are also some parts that look like they don’t fit quite right, namely the “piano keys” and the rocket vent. As far as paint, there are some inaccuracies and some random greeblies here and there.
I’m not sure what your goals are with your costume, but for an entry level it will play the part. If you are wanting a 501st type costume you will probably need to strip the paint off and repaint it, or go with another pack entirely. These are only my personal opinions. I’m sure others can share their more educated ones. I am not as knowledgeable about the ESB pack as others here.

Last edited:
What are your goals with the Jetpack? It looks undersized and the rocket fins don’t look very accurate.

The overall color is okay would would probably pass basic 501st approval depending on the rest of the paint. The biggest concern would be the inaccurate weathering and battle damage on the pack.

The bottom greebies are not accurate for ESB either.

Thank you for your answers
Ideally, I would have liked an approval the 501st.
If I understand correctly, this one will not pass because of the greeblies which are not good, is that right ? No matter, if I repaint it ?

Last edited:
Just based on the shape of the jetpack it appears to be one of the Korbanth jetpacks with the small fins and wonky beacon (might be wrong though). It's not the worst out there but is definitely not as accurate as the many other options that are out there. It costs $375 new / painted which is around what you would pay for an unassembled more accurate replica. It depends on how accurate you are trying to get with your build but I think with some work and possible replacing the rocket/fins, beacon and other greeblies you could make it look a lot better without too much work.

Thanks very much for you answer.
All I can say is that it was made over 10 years ago.
I'm going to think about bying a new one ; the money needed will tell.

If you’re considering buying a new one, and you have a smaller budget you should check out the raw kits from Darth Voorhees. Will take some work to clean up, but these are excellent quality.

Can't echo this enough. I've got his packs on all my Fetts and they're definitely top shelf.

This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back