Infill percentages?

bobawife

New Hunter
What infill percentages are you using for your 3D printed pieces? I’m hearing about warping, at least for helmets especially in heat. I’m thinking this will almost exclusively be worn indoors, but one of my armor pieces was made with 20% infill today and it’s somewhat sturdy, but by no means indestructible at all. Filament is what I’m using, not resin

I printed my lifesize Boba Fett action figure with 10% infill, but it will never be worn and the family has been sworn to never come within 3 feet of it (that last part is a joke...mostly). Anyway, I'd advise printing a small piece with varying infills, maybe up to 60% to see how much more sturdiness you achieve for the extra time. That extra time is significant for infill for sure. you might find that some pieces require more infill because of their shape, etc.

I'll also defer to those who have printed wearable armor and helmets in 3D. Good luck!

I printed my lifesize Boba Fett action figure with 10% infill, but it will never be worn and the family has been sworn to never come within 3 feet of it (that last part is a joke...mostly). Anyway, I'd advise printing a small piece with varying infills, maybe up to 60% to see how much more sturdiness you achieve for the extra time. That extra time is significant for infill for sure. you might find that some pieces require more infill because of their shape, etc.

I'll also defer to those who have printed wearable armor and helmets in 3D. Good luck!
Thanks! Great point about the time since that is a concern of mine. Just got started recently and I’m trying to be done by mid July if at all possible so I’ll keep that in mind. That life size action figure sounds so awesome!

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back