General Hames13 ESB build Part 2

Hames13

Jr Hunter
Ok part 2...

Jetpack

Another wizzardofflight template I think. I cut out the paper parts and glued them to 3mm pvc foam board and reinforced with epoxy putty, for the backplate I used 3 5mm pvc foam boards and sanded them round. I cut out the templates and glued/epoxy puttied them together, and bent with a heat gun where needed.

IMG_1983.jpg

I struggled to find the right pipe size but ended up with a piece of 90mm grey acrylic pipe (quite heavy) for the missile/grappler launcher middle part. I cut the pipe as small as I could to save weight then covered with a large cardboard poster holder cut to fit and bent outwards to fit. The fuel tanks are smaller cardboard poster holders cut to size and diameter according to templates. I filled in where the armour meets the fuel tanks with epoxy putty.

IMG_2067.jpg IMG_2068.jpg IMG_2069.jpg IMG_2070.jpg IMG_2071.jpg IMG_2092.jpg IMG_2093.jpg IMG_2200.jpg IMG_2201.jpg

Paint used was silver acrylic model spray, covered with dark grey model spray and Humbrol 30 dark green spray, Tamiya TS-33 flat dull red spray for the boosters and other parts. Markings are printed onto decal paper, then all weathered with spray and a Tamiya weathering kit.

IMG_0020.jpg

The ugliest harness in the world is a bent aluminium pipe, attached with screws to two aluminium plates (I think they're from a set of wrist guards). There are screws at the base of the Jetpack that the plates slot into. I used the straps from an old backpack with white straps attached to loops that hold the Jetpack by hooks ( backwards to the original I know). I bought a cheap diving belt off e-bay and attached it to the base of the pipe. It's ugly but it's actually comfortable.

IMG_0021.jpg IMG_0022.jpg IMG_0023.jpg IMG_0024.jpg

Gauntlets

The gauntlets are an RS propmasters kit, I bought a ROTJ version and modified it to an ESB by making the flamethrower out of aluminium pipe and plumbing bits. Reinforced with epoxy putty and painted with dark grey and Humbrol 30 dark green spray. I added magnets tonkeep them together but they weren't that strong. I added a Velcro strap inside for safety. Piano hinges where added but on the inside side of the gauntlets (originally they open the opposite way I think but this seemed more practical). Made them quite wide too to fit my mannequin.

IMG_3477.jpg IMG_3479.jpg IMG_3480.jpg IMG_3525.jpg IMG_3524.jpg IMG_3532.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg IMG_0002.jpg IMG_0004.jpg IMG_0005.jpg IMG_0007.jpg IMG_0008.jpg
IMG_0029.jpg

ESB Sidearm, holster and FIndman Mk1 Blaster

The sidearm is scratch built from 5mm foamex glued together, templates off the web, can't remember where. A 12mm aluminium tube for the barrel and painted with Rustoleum wine red and Tamiya TS-33 flat dull red spray and weathered. I know it's not 'the' spear gun, but I liked this one better, the tiny gun in the picture comes from my Bandai ESB Boba model. The holster was a template as well but I didn't follow it directly. Sprayed Matt black with rubber straps and poppers attached.

IMG_3426.jpg IMG_3427.jpg IMG_3428.jpg IMG_0011.jpg IMG_3466.jpg

I got the girth belt instructions from TK-409 I think, or here...can't remember. Bought some rope, Dylon wine red dye (amazon) and some clips off e-bay. Cut the rope into strips swed together the ends and through the middle, and dyed. The clips are sewn on with black nylon strapping.

IMG_0018.jpg

EE-3 Findman Mk1 blaster whatever

This was a resin kit I bought off e-bay, it wasn't great it was local so I didn't care and very hardy but heavy. Added a real scope and aluminium barrel. I painted it silver under gun metal grey and weathered using the black and rust from a Tamiya weathering kit. The stock is painted with dark brown spray then a thick coat is added of a lighter brown with a brush, I painted thick lines and swirls and let them dry then another layer of dark brown. Then I sanded the whole thing down revealing the lighter brown swirls and lines between the dark brown, it kinda looks like a woody substance... I bought a cheap rifle strap and used the fixings and added a piece of leather.

FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_0022.jpg IMG_0023.jpg

I bought the shoes from Evolution props and the ammo belt of e-bay, would love a leather one. The cape and wookiee scalps from TK-409. Soft props (Flight suit, Flak jacket, side pockets, ankle spats and gloves by Bobamaker.

IMG_5635.jpg

completed but without anything in the pockets.

IMG_5371.jpg IMG_5374.jpg

Some of the paints I used:

ESB Paints.JPG

Humbrol dark Matt green 30 spray- Cheeks and dome.

Humbrol 64 Matt grey spray- Undercoat between silver and green.

Humbrol 63 Matt sand spray- Rangefinder ear.

Rustoleum Matt wine red- mandibles and back.

Tamiya TS-3 flat dark yellow

*The side panels of the helmet have an extra layer of Tamiya TS-3 flat dark yellow between the silver and grey layers. The grey green colour is a mix of grey and blue/green airbrush paints..

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back