Gauntlet tutorial utilizing magnets (and screws too!)

I LOVE your gauntlets! They are perfect! Special Thanks you Darth Voorhees for putting them together. Lou is tons more talented than me when it comes to putting the pieces together. If you are on the fence, BUY this kit! IT is Top Notch!

Thanks for the tutorial. I did something similar (and simpler) using just two neodymium disc magnets (10 mm x 2 mm), one each for the top and bottom. It seems to hold really well. I'll take pictures when I get a chance.

Would love to see that!

Since you asked… :)

Here's the left ESB gauntlet. The bottom piece has a hot-glued neodymium magnet. The top half has a magnet sandwiched between some pieces of styrene and PVC foamboard. When I close the gauntlet, they overlap and hold together tightly.
IMG_3009.JPGIMG_3010.JPG

Same thing with the right gauntlet, although it was a bit tricker due to the curve.

IMG_3011.JPGIMG_3012.JPGIMG_3015.JPG

Like my scratchbuilt gauntlets themselves, this method isn't as pretty as it could be, but it seems to work quite well.

Wow Man! That's epic! I've been trying to work up the courage to my gauntlets. Tried with Sintra but I feel that there is something missing. Any help would be appreciated.

Wow Man! That's epic! I've been trying to work up the courage to my gauntlets. Tried with Sintra but I feel that there is something missing. Any help would be appreciated.

Yeah, I left mine almost until last because of how intimidating they were.

I used mostly cardboard for my right gauntlet, but it was too much work trying to clean it up with afterward, so I did the second with mostly 1 and 2 mm Sintra, glued with superglue and hot glue. Worked well enough; the hardest part is bending the bottom piece so it lines up with the top "lid" properly. Afterward, I hot-glued on some small hinges from the hardware store, as you can see in my photos.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back