Future Star Wars movies

Drax

Hunter
It looks like the directors of Game of Thrones are going to direct some future Star Wars movies for Disney. They haven't said how many movies or when they would be released. What they did say was that the movies will be separate from the Skywalker saga. I really want some more darker themed Star Wars films personally so this could be pretty interesting.

I’ll end up watching whatever they put out regardless.. pretty sure I will enjoy them no matter what
Couldn't agree more. I will watch any and all Star Wars movies, past and future, over and over, for the rest of my life. And I will love all of them.

It looks like the directors of Game of Thrones are going to direct some future Star Wars movies for Disney. They haven't said how many movies or when they would be released. What they did say was that the movies will be separate from the Skywalker saga. I really want some more darker themed Star Wars films personally so this could be pretty interesting.
I read that they would link the Skywalker and the Rian Johnsons sagas

I think Rian Johnson will make some good movies, regardless of how everybody felt about TLJ. Considering they are gonna be new stories and loosely related to the Skywalker saga, he will have a little more room for creativity and hopefully people will be a little more tolerant lol. but please god, nothing like leia in space lol

I'm all for darker movies and let's make the imperial forces less inept, kind of takes the fun out of it when it's one bungle after another .

Am I the only one who is afraid that they are going with too much saturation? Given, my generation waited 16 years between ROTJ and TPM. But I am afraid that a Star Wars movie release is getting to be not that big of a deal. Even for me; let alone your average moviegoer.

I agree with clmayfield but at the same time i feel that there is 1000 star wars storys that deserve a movie and ill probably watch every one they make ... for example i think making solo is terrible idea but im still going to go see it and it will probably still have parts (and props :p) that i really like ultimately more star wars is more starwars.

Clmayfield & Froflo I agree with both of you! Its a slippery slope no matter which path is taken! 1 movie a year or every other year ect. Character spin offs or not. How many trilogies can you have from the main story line! It simply comes down to ( Good story telling) if that can be done then there is no end in sight! To much Star Wars is not possible!

I agree, to much Star Wars is not possible !! I'm good with the movies coming out often ! The more the merrier ! As long as their story line has a good direction, it will all be good !! We all know Disney isn't making these movies just to carry on the Star Wars legacy. They're making them to make the millions, let's hope they continue to put forth the effort required to keep the Star Wars quality of movies worth going to see !!!

I think 1 per year is a good pace. Anymore than that to me would be too much. For those who love the current superhero movies coming out (like myself) it can be difficult following along with all those because it seems that they are coming rapid fire style. 1 per year is frequent enough to keep interest, keep the hype up, give us something every year to look forward to while not getting burnt out.

I am just wanting a standalone Boba Fett.... but then they can do a great job at ruining Boba Fett...
If they do it the movie should be a darker adult one... go in the gritty brutal underworld of Bounty Hunters or use the EU versions of Boba Fett's experience in the Sarlacc and his escape.
Of course if any of you have Kathleen Kennedy's email address at Disney/Star Wars I have the perfect story line so hit me up if shes your neighbor, at your gym, see her at the grocery store, etc...
My version will kick ass!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back