ESB FPH2 paintup

This is beautiful!! You do really amazing paint work! I'm about to finally start off using an airbrush instead of rattlecans for a few lightsaber hilts (and other projects) and I hope my painting comes out a fraction as nice as yours have :)

This is beautiful!! You do really amazing paint work! I'm about to finally start off using an airbrush instead of rattlecans for a few lightsaber hilts (and other projects) and I hope my painting comes out a fraction as nice as yours have :)
Thank you! I will say the airbrush is definitely tricky for first timers, but it is unrivaled compared to rattle cans in my opinion.

BudaFett Almost got those mandibles to how they looked before! lol

It might be time to invest in a backdrop because I am bothered by all the extra clutter around the helmet in my photos lol, so I took a couple photos and decided to go outside to take some pics in some good ole natural light. The colors can change so dramatically depending on lighting, and even looks different to my eyes compared to looking at pics on my phone or monitor.
krECEYN.jpg
Q8J7pGk.jpg
DUxSrtN.jpg
8oEEshR.jpg

I am considering changing my base grey layer to color that has a little more of a blueish tint to it so that it pops a little more. That color gets lost whenever the silver starts to reflect light and it's hard to differentiate. Any thoughts?

I am considering changing my base grey layer to color that has a little more of a blueish tint to it so that it pops a little more. That color gets lost whenever the silver starts to reflect light and it's hard to differentiate. Any thoughts?
I would leave it as is. I can see the base grey areas fine in the pictures and it is quite subtle on the original anyway.

Not much progress to report as far as the helmet goes. Ive started fiddling with the Machine Craft metal ears I have, and painting other things to avoid burnout on this helmet. The last thing I want to do is get tired and get sloppy lol. I do want to point out that in order to get the right look in terms of helmet height, I have to have some padding to hold the helmet higher up on my head. Without it, it sits a little low and I don't want it to look like it sits on my shoulders lol. By doing this, I sacrifice visibility in exchange for accuracy. My eyes sit just about where the eyes of this mannequin sit. I want a decent amount of my neck showing so that my build has that Jeremy Bulloch look.
B1FtwiK.jpg

Cat scratch is out of the way. Was actually kind of enjoyable to paint, and also about time I start mingling with the right side of the dome.

STTmUg1.jpg

Have slowed down a little bit in progress because I have been working on other parts of my suit but resumed work today, and just about knocked out the kill stripes and surrounding area. The masking tape damage was kind of scary because I wasnt sure what I was going to do paint wise but just mixed some silver with some light green, really thinned it down and pretty much just eye-balled it. It is subtle from a distance but still has a reflective quality to it when the light hits it right. I am happy with the side profile and get so excited when I see it sitting on my desk lol.

WGhj99X.jpg
4iHqUWr.jpg

Long time no update but here is where I'm at. I have finished all the damage around the red edge of the helmet, and I'm not really happy with how some of the proportions of the damage came out but I think it gets the job done. I've started to work at the damage around the dome as well. I have started on the big scrape and can already tell it's not gonna be fun lol.

0sQk2ip.jpg
nyAsIRc.jpg
SSDx2qk.jpg

Looks wonderful, where do you think the proportions are off? Glad you're back on working it!
The damage in this area stretches a little too far to the right.
edit.boba.jpg
Boba-Fett-Costume-AoSW-2000-050.jpg

That little silver section should be sitting right on that edge where the keyslot section starts. Its sitting about an inch or so to the right on mine. I got that dark grey section in the middle way off.

This thread is more than 11 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back