Other Bounty Hunter Does anyone sell full (mando merc approved) kits?

JoebiWanKenobi

New Hunter
Hello,
Long time member, but rarely visit this site. My name is Joe. I'm planning on going to celebration this year with my wife, and we decided to cosplay as bounty hunters this year. This being said, my father told me (he is a metal worker) that he would build a mando kit for me. But frankly, he has done nothing to show he is working on it yet, and knowing him, he won't get any work done on this. I have this overwhelming feeling that he will let me down (he has a history of saying he's going to do something for me and then not doing it) and not complete the kit before celebration. This being said, I was looking into trying to find a Full mando-merc approved kit that I could buy and just tell me dad not to worry about building me one. Does anyone on here have a resource they use for purchasing mando-kits?

I believe RKD sells an undented boba type armor. But you'll still be sourcing parts from several members. Celebration 7 appears to be way to close to get a build put together to make that deadline. You'll be weeks just waiting on parts, then you have to trim/prep/paint/fit/ adjust etc to get something wearable. Really depends on what you want. Custom leaves the door open for many items that only you can answer how you want the part to look( ie jump suit, jetpack or not, gauntlet ideas, boots, etc..). Lots of good folks here that can get you some ideas though if they know what you want.

Head on over to http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php . There are plenty of great resources there and depending on your budget, design and skill level, will decide whether you have enough time or not. RKD has a great kit,great price and a great guy all around, and there are a few others. you should decide what you are doing for a vest first, then the undersuit and figure out where your armor will come from. Start getting parts ordered, soft parts are generally more of a custom tailoring job and take longer to get than something pulled on a vac table. If you need additional help, feel free to PM me. it is nearly impossible to find something someone else has that is complete that you will be able to buy site unseen and have it all fit you correctly. Better to buy what you want and spend the time making it fit you just right and it will be the design you want. If you keep your base design simple and build from there, you will be set for success and can adjust the complexity based on time and budget while you learn the skills.

Red Krayt Dragon. He is a maker of armor here on the forum. A search will reveal a ton of threads highlighting his work.

On a second note. You probably do NOT want actual metal armor. Even plastic and fiberglass get heavy when you are trooping in it for hours on end. I know there are some who do troop with actual metal but the number is low.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back