Could this be the start of the Boba Fett film we're looking for?

Dude I agree! When I get to see Boba Fett on the big screen...I will literally start crying. And then immediately join the discussion to see what all Disney got right and wrong haha.

I can't really see Disney going this direction. Note that it was Fox who made that gamble - and their X Men franchise was pathetically lagging behind the Avengers and they ran out of reboots for Spider-Man. Arguably better than the D.C. universe but I digress. Star Wars was originally targeted to a 14 year old audience, then probably like 10 for the prequels, and back to 14 to 16 for the newer stuff. Boba Fett has the same problem as Darth Vader - a spin off movie either threatens the integrity of the character (making them too soft) or threatens the franchise. Sure, Logan worked and made money, but how did Negan work out for The Walking Dead? His eye popping execution of a beloved character started a catastrophic fall in ratings. It's still a big money maker, but they lost a lot of market share. Disney wants to keep Star Wars kid friendly. I just can't see them introducing a deep, dark corner of their magic kingdom where the likes of Fett and Vader show their worst.

.... but how did Negan work out for The Walking Dead? His eye popping execution of a beloved character started a catastrophic fall in ratings. It's still a big money maker, but they lost a lot of market share.

The Walking Dead has been failing as a show (at least for me) since Season 3. Negan was an interesting character - there was a lot of build up, but poor execution (pun intended). The way Season 6 ended was terrible, and by the time Season 7 revealed what happened, people lost the moment. There was 6 months or so of separation, so when Negan went to bat, it felt like it was missing something or I just didn't care who got killed at that point. Every episode of the Walking Dead is a gigantic tease for the next episode which produces a continuous loop of waiting for something to happen. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is a great actor, so I wouldn't blame him for The Walking Dead going downhill.

Now, for a Boba film....as much as I'd love to see him return, he shouldn't have a spotlight. That's not who he is. I can see it being an issue with Disney, but after what they got away with in Rogue One, it might be possible.

I have always loved the story of Boba Fett from the Tales of the Jabba's Palace book. Of course it has been completely undone by the prequels but it would have made a great story. I think the short story was titled "A Barv like that"

I'm on the fence about this. As much as I would like to see Fett in his prime on the big screen, one of the things I've always loved about him was the mystique. Tell too much of his story and that goes away. With that being said some of the books I've read with him the authors have done a good job telling his stories without ruining the character.

Is there any update if Disney is still rumored to be back a Fett movie? Haven't heard anything, just the Solo movie which is in production. Perhaps Boba could appear in that

Kathleen Kennedy was quoted as saying that they are circling 2 properties for the next stand alone Star Wars anthology movie and a decision will be made in June. Now, whether or not that decision will be announced publicly isn't clear. And we were given no details about what those 2 properties were/are. But since it is June now I'd suspect a decision to be made soon. Hopefully, they will let the public in on the decision so that the hype train can begin to fuel up.

Probably Obi Wan Kenobi and Fett. Or possibly Vader, which I think would be cool, actually. I think the problem with Boba Fett is that we really want a cold killing machine a la Terminator (or more likely T2). People freak out about the scene in ROTJ SE where he flirts with dancers.

I am not sure that there is enough there to carry an entire film. He needs to play off of a good guy. It would be great if Boba Fett were the villain in the Han Solo film. I think these characters play off of each other well. They both occupy a grey area in Star Wars with Han almost part of the Rebellion, but not really cut out for military service and Boba Fett is simply too smart and independent to be part of the Empire. Neither of these characters follow directions well and I think that is what makes them both interesting.

I am probably in the minority here. Ok I admit I might be the only one who thinks this but... I kinda don't want a Fett film. I think it might ruin his appeal. The thing that makes him a character I love aside from the awesome suit is that he is kind of a mystery. I like that about him. I am just worried a movie might ruin that.

I am probably in the minority here. Ok I admit I might be the only one who thinks this but... I kinda don't want a Fett film. I think it might ruin his appeal. The thing that makes him a character I love aside from the awesome suit is that he is kind of a mystery. I like that about him. I am just worried a movie might ruin that.
I'm kinda with you here but I would like to see him crawl out of the Sarlacc Pit. That way I'd feel better knowing he wasn't killed accidentally by a blind man.....

Disney wants to keep Star Wars kid friendly. I just can't see them introducing a deep, dark corner of their magic kingdom where the likes of Fett and Vader show their worst.
I sadly have to agree with this.

I would like to see him crawl out of the Sarlacc Pit. That way I'd feel better knowing he wasn't killed accidentally by a blind man.....
Oh boy, we need this to be shown directly on canon so bad. I'm tired of all these people I constantly find laughing at Boba for being "killed" by a plant after being hit by a blind men.

More than a Boba movie that could take the mysthic away from him, I'd rather have a Boba videogame. RDR or MGS "style".

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back