Bucket 3D model build thread

Killmaw

New Hunter
Hey guys, first post here so I may aswell introduce myself.
My names Brett, I 3D model in my spare time (which isn't much right now ). I've modelled various props from a Dredd 2012 helmet, E-22 blaster, Luke ROTJ V2 saber which I had machined, Kylos saber and a few more.. I own a Kylo costume and had my first troop last week for the TLJ premier. There I saw my first mando in person and I knew just had to start my own!..

So I thought naturally, I would start with the Bucket!.. Now, I'm by no means an expert at modelling, I've been tinkering for about a year now so excuse my weird methodology on the modelling haha.. Anyway enough jibber jabber..

Here are some progress shots so far.
(FYI: I'm going for a Boba bucket, may do a custom mando eventually, but for now I'll follow boba reference .)

received_10214289065527751.png
FB_IMG_1513904594890.jpg
FB_IMG_1513879229793.jpg

A few overhanging shapes, a placeholder right earcap and rangefinder in place, but the shapes are there .. Next chance I get will be work on the rear then I will be sorting scaling out and then the right earcap.

Thanks!
I've been busy finishing models for others but I'm all freed now, so I'm back at it.. Roughly got the RF stalk and RF in today, just needed to alter the thickness which I forgot before I did this render.. I'm currently working on the Key slot area.. Still have a lot to do and fix, especially the harsh line on the upper cheek.. That will be smooth.. Anyway, here's a little render next to the main man himself.. Angle is a bit off but you get the idea :D

angles.png

Bevel on the left ear needs some adjustments too; there's a little few mm thick 'base' before the bevel, instead of the bevel meeting directly to the helm.

Other than that and some other micro issues though, looks like it's comin along pretty nicely.

Yeah I noticed that after the render. I've still got the ears to scale correctly anyway, I've just been working mainly on the cheek area. I can't seem to get rid of that harsh line, if I can't 3D model it properly I'll just finish that post print More pics to come tomorrow!

Last edited:
Here's how it's standing today.
Keyslots done, Rangefinder done, Left Earcap thickened and Right earcap is about 90% complete.
Lots of overhangs and whatnot at the moment which i'm not bothered about, ill sort all that out when I get it 3D print ready :D
Just really happy with the shape! Think I'll get the dent in next time and then battle damage :)

mando23rd.png

Oh and there has been zero filleting of edges so It will look alot nicer once finished. Especially need to remember the RF stalk at the top needs those little curves :)

You'll have to excuse the poor quality as I was in a rush and I'm now using my phone. Anyway, I added some colour to the render just to give depth..

I've added the wavy brow, redone the cheek panels and upper cheeks and got the dent in. Left Earcap needs adjusting, but... Almost there :D !

Screenshot_20180126-190409.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back