Star Wars / Galaxy's Edge - Fly Over

That's cool !! I've already hinted to the "better half" that when it opens, we're going to have to plan a trip too !!

That’s really cool! I’d love to stay at the hotel that’s opening with the park at Disney World. But it’s projected to be ridiculously expensive.

Dumb question..... but are people in costume allowed to enter amusement parks like that? I mean... you see little kids go to disneyland dressed up as belle, or cinderella, etc. But can YOU as an adult dress up as a disney character and go to the theme park? What'd happen if you show up as Boba Fett and want to get into the park? :) If they let kids go in costume, would we be able too?

Dumb question..... but are people in costume allowed to enter amusement parks like that? I mean... you see little kids go to disneyland dressed up as belle, or cinderella, etc. But can YOU as an adult dress up as a disney character and go to the theme park? What'd happen if you show up as Boba Fett and want to get into the park? :) If they let kids go in costume, would we be able too?
There are a few times a year when civilians (not cast members) can dress up. And that's mickeys not so scary Halloween and a few other events. If you move to FL and become part of the FL501st we are able to troop at Disney for certain events....though I don't know if they allow Fett because of the Disney owned Fett. (I cant remember maybe Sparrow Fett can tell us... hes actively trooping and theres a SW marathon next month so they'll be trooping that).

I live in FL and am an annual passholder.... you DO NOT want to ever dress up in a fett for Disney.

1. Have you tried sitting down in your Fett? Its a burden....
2. You cant ride the rides in your Fett
3. Its hot in FL... even hotter in the Fett suit.

Moral of the story if you end up going to one of those events. Wear a TDH shirt... or get a soft costume like a Sith or Jedi.... its not worth the hassle of dressing up in Fett a TK or anything with lots of armor. UNLESS youre trooping and get in free its VERY pricey to get in the park why ruin your families fun to parade around in your suit(they may not say anything but they'll be aggravated by stopping for photos every other second).

There are a few times a year when civilians (not cast members) can dress up. And that's mickeys not so scary Halloween and a few other events. If you move to FL and become part of the FL501st we are able to troop at Disney for certain events....though I don't know if they allow Fett because of the Disney owned Fett. (I cant remember maybe Sparrow Fett can tell us... hes actively trooping and theres a SW marathon next month so they'll be trooping that).

I live in FL and am an annual passholder.... you DO NOT want to ever dress up in a fett for Disney.

1. Have you tried sitting down in your Fett? Its a burden....
2. You cant ride the rides in your Fett
3. Its hot in FL... even hotter in the Fett suit.

Moral of the story if you end up going to one of those events. Wear a TDH shirt... or get a soft costume like a Sith or Jedi.... its not worth the hassle of dressing up in Fett a TK or anything with lots of armor. UNLESS youre trooping and get in free its VERY pricey to get in the park why ruin your families fun to parade around in your suit(they may not say anything but they'll be aggravated by stopping for photos every other second).

tenor.gif

its not worth the hassle of dressing up in Fett a TK or anything with lots of armor. UNLESS youre trooping and get in free its VERY pricey to get in the park why ruin your families fun to parade around in your suit(they may not say anything but they'll be aggravated by stopping for photos every other second).

That is worth a whole different discussion. When I first finished my Fett, my family loved coming on troops. After 3 troops, it got old really fast. Part of it is all of the focus on daddy and not the rest of the family. Part of it is that all the fans get to take a picture, hang out for 5 - 10 minutes, and leave. Your family doesn't want to get stuck there for 3 hours.

I was trooping with a guy who made an approved Praetorian Guard costume for his kid. It was awesome and the kid had more fun than anybody. That is really the only way to make trooping a fun family activity. My wife likes costumes and all, but she really isn't into cosplay, which makes trooping a "daddy only activity" in our household.

To continue where Fett 4 Real left off there are more rules regarding adults dressing up even during special events. No helmets, masks and crazy amounts of makeup. While I would like to see the rule amended for Star Wars Nites I fully understand.

But damn, I don't know why you'd want to troop in Florida between April-October!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back