RafalFett's Boba Fett 3D Projects

Thanks RafalFett! Here is my current progress with your 3d models.

IMG_1436.jpg

The files printed with a ton of hard lines that I removed using a auto body file that was a hand me down tool from my father.
This looks kind of like the file that is on mine.
https://www.amazon.com/Tool-Aid-897...rd_wg=BslCi&psc=1&refRID=5S6AP2JHJN233XX9DM85
Once I smoothed out the hard lines then used bondo to fill in the low spots, then primer/filler spray to clean it up.

I am still working on trying to increase the smoothness of RafalFett dented helmet file, as I would like to print another. But this is a learning challenge.

Stumbling around the forum for weeks trying to decide on a direction, I see this and my jaw hits the floor. This is incredible, RafalFett!

I'm going to just flat out assume that any old 3D printer won't be able to handle the intricacies of a helmet here. What are some good home printers from your experiences? My son has been really wanting to get into 3D printing, and I may have just found my excuse :D

Stumbling around the forum for weeks trying to decide on a direction, I see this and my jaw hits the floor. This is incredible, RafalFett!

I'm going to just flat out assume that any old 3D printer won't be able to handle the intricacies of a helmet here. What are some good home printers from your experiences? My son has been really wanting to get into 3D printing, and I may have just found my excuse :D

I used a Folgertech FT-5 to print the helmet in one piece. There are several large scale printers that work great, but it'll need to have at least a 300mmx300mm bed to do it (print in one piece).

Thank you RafalFett for your fabulous work.
The helmet looks very good in Sketchup (free), but the STL model has many hard lines.
Can you export the STL file from Sketchup in higher quality, or is the problem Shapeways?

Thank you RafalFett for your fabulous work.
The helmet looks very good in Sketchup (free), but the STL model has many hard lines.
Can you export the STL file from Sketchup in higher quality, or is the problem Shapeways?

The model is the same, as I used Sketchup to export it to STL. I might redo the model, but not in the near future.

The files printed with a ton of hard lines that I removed using a auto body file that was a hand me down tool from my father.
This looks kind of like the file that is on mine.
https://www.amazon.com/Tool-Aid-897...rd_wg=BslCi&psc=1&refRID=5S6AP2JHJN233XX9DM85
Once I smoothed out the hard lines then used bondo to fill in the low spots, then primer/filler spray to clean it up.

I am still working on trying to increase the smoothness of RafalFett dented helmet file, as I would like to print another. But this is a learning challenge.

NIce work.
thats a vixen file. You can get them cheap at the yard store. Used even cheaper. Works great on bondo, wood and soft metals too.
https://www.yardstore.com/nsearch/?q=file

This thread is more than 7 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back