Jet Pack Pre-orders opened up for Anovos jetpacks

I believe Anovos is in some hot water. I personally have emailed them twice in the last month regarding a order I placed June of 2017 that is still unfulfilled. All replies are all very generic in nature.

I'd have a lot more sympathy if they didn't hit my inbox with discount emails every single day. I understand they probably only have one mailing list but I don't imagine they're getting much repeat business from customers with existing orders at this point; even were I not a forum monkey the sheer volume of offers would alert me to an issue. I'd mark them as spam were it not for the fact that I'm hoping that one day there'll actually be a message about my jetpack.

I'd have a lot more sympathy if they didn't hit my inbox with discount emails every single day. I understand they probably only have one mailing list but I don't imagine they're getting much repeat business from customers with existing orders at this point; even were I not a forum monkey the sheer volume of offers would alert me to an issue. I'd mark them as spam were it not for the fact that I'm hoping that one day there'll actually be a message about my jetpack.

Totally agree

I ordered a Vader bucket from portumac props February 2018 and the Anovos JP kit in April. So technically Anovos is in the lead by a month for me. Lol, Lets see which one I receive first.

Color me surprised :whistle:
Edit: Where did you see the update for the kit Andy? Im only seeing Winter 2018 still on the updates (its obviously not being met but still)
Dana, I emailed them Friday. Some bloke called Ryan responded last night. There was some other fluff in the message but the salient point was it's been delayed, again, until those dates this year.

Add salt as desired.

Lol Yeah, same boat more or less. I imagine we're both wanting to do the same thing in having our builds in a way that they'll require little to no upgrading later on outside of new foundparts. Still pretty bad though considering I technically started mine in 03 though lol.

Lol Yeah, same boat more or less. I imagine we're both wanting to do the same thing in having our builds in a way that they'll require little to no upgrading later on outside of new foundparts. Still pretty bad though considering I technically started mine in 03 though lol.
03 ? Is this a record lol

Absolutely, if there's a found part I have it except that pesky orthodontic expansion screw. I've spent the best part of the last three years chasing floquil and trying to find vintage electronic parts for the helmet circuit board, that will never be seen, took about six months. I think that, to a degree, I've become more interested in the process than the end product in some ways.

On paper this jetpack should be significantly ahead of anything else out there; the last high end licensed Boba product still hasn't been topped. 12 years and counting. Let's hope efx can finally get something on shelves this year!

You're about five years ahead of me.

I think not. Some people on this board have been at this for decades.

Not by a long shot. There's a few on here I know have been going much longer. Art for sure lol

Absolutely, if there's a found part I have it except that pesky orthodontic expansion screw. I've spent the best part of the last three years chasing floquil and trying to find vintage electronic parts for the helmet circuit board, that will never be seen, took about six months. I think that, to a degree, I've become more interested in the process than the end product in some ways.

On paper this jetpack should be significantly ahead of anything else out there; the last high end licensed Boba product still hasn't been topped. 12 years and counting. Let's hope efx can finally get something on shelves this year!
You definitely have me beat in terms of foundparts hahaha. Ive a few but most are for the blasters. Ive still no idea how the hell you do it, lol, especially the scopes you find. But hey that's what dedicated work gets you!

Yeah thats really the only reason I finally ended up preordering a kit, otherwise I doubt I'd ever preorder anything from Anovos given their continued declining reputation for meeting their own shipping dates. I'm still gonna have to machine/print an entirely new rocket head for it if it ever ships since i'm building an ESB, but it does look damn good regardless.
Im guessing you're talking about the MR buck? That's honestly why I've been so somewhat negative about the proposed EFX ESB bucket where its now coming out that they cleaned it up a lot and removed stuff like the crack and lump in the right cheek entirely which were definitely on screen. At that point they're no longer offering what they claim to be offering imo and its a damn shame because there was just so much potential, and thats not even accounting for subsequent mold shrinkage yet :/
I think the only way we're ever gonna get something a next step up from the MR in terms of lineage and true size is going to be if one of the direct Gen 1 castings of the ESB Hero that are rumored to be out in private hands makes its way to someone willing/able to offer copies of it. That or if someones ever able to scan the helmet while on display somewhere and do a true 1/1 print of it. Now that I think of it.. Didn't Anovos preview exactly that at SDCC like 3-4 years ago? Wonder what ever happened with that

Not by a long shot. There's a few on here I know have been going much longer. Art for sure lol

You definitely have me beat in terms of foundparts hahaha. Ive a few but most are for the blasters. Ive still no idea how the hell you do it, lol, especially the scopes you find. But hey that's what dedicated work gets you!

Yeah thats really the only reason I finally ended up preordering a kit, otherwise I doubt I'd ever preorder anything from Anovos given their continued declining reputation for meeting their own shipping dates. I'm still gonna have to machine/print an entirely new rocket head for it if it ever ships since i'm building an ESB, but it does look damn good regardless.
Im guessing you're talking about the MR buck? That's honestly why I've been so somewhat negative about the proposed EFX ESB bucket where its now coming out that they cleaned it up a lot and removed stuff like the crack and lump in the right cheek entirely which were definitely on screen. At that point they're no longer offering what they claim to be offering imo and its a damn shame because there was just so much potential, and thats not even accounting for subsequent mold shrinkage yet :/
I think the only way we're ever gonna get something a next step up from the MR in terms of lineage and true size is going to be if one of the direct Gen 1 castings of the ESB Hero that are rumored to be out in private hands makes its way to someone willing/able to offer copies of it. That or if someones ever able to scan the helmet while on display somewhere and do a true 1/1 print of it. Now that I think of it.. Didn't Anovos preview exactly that at SDCC like 3-4 years ago? Wonder what ever happened with that

I still look for those found parts but any success is mainly due to being willing to take a punt on something, and risk getting something incorrect and worthless, that pays dividends. Those floquils are the perfect example; buying fifty colours to get one or two bottle I actually wanted is how that has worked.

We are where we are with Anovos. Potentially their access could be the basis for the best pack, assuming we see it.

I was referring to the MR. Obviously EFX have completed significant cleanup on what they've done so what we're looking at is sanitised but it's still about overall size and shape, as with the MR. I think it was inevitable that those features would be lost as the casual buyer isn't going to want that. Their Vader legend was only different by virtue of paintwork and no other mould differences occurred. The shrinkage issue will be interesting especially as there was a shrinkage issue on their Vader helmets as was made clear by other helmets derived from the Baker mould. We'll see.

Even with significant cleanup the EFX may still trump the MR. The dent on the MR has never shone. Those casts in private hands are definitely out there. I have seen evidence supporting it. Any attempt to recast and offer seems unlikely though. You're correct regarding a Anovos 3D scan. If I recall correctly Keegan had some comments on that. If the EFX sanitisation is as complete as it appears to be it might be argued that it wouldn't have huge advantages over a better 3D scanning tech than MR had circa 2006/07.

I'M JUST GOING TO LEAVE THIS HERE
EE-3.PNG

STAR WARS Mandalorian™ Jet Pack Kit | ANOVOS Productions LLC

You can now pre-order JP kits from Anovos for either Z-6 or JT-12 jetpack kits. The pictures they have on their website show them fully painted but don't let that fool you, they will come in kit form and painting is done by the buyer.

There is a good discussion thread of the packs started by Art Andrews some time ago found here. It's more focused on the Boba pack though (no Jango love?). From what I gather these are built from 3D scans of the originals. The Z-6 pack scanned from the ROTJ (and subsequently the SE pack). So not sure if that will work for you kamino pack lovers. The Arena pack I assume is also scanned from the original.

Anovos' delivery times haven't really been the greatest. I have a buddy who ordered an OT TK kit in March 2016 and is still waiting on it so who knows when these will ship out. I'd definitely be interested in a review and some detailed pics if anyone were to ever actually get one.

I didn't face any issues when I buy from Avanos. Strange that you found so many negative things about them. I almost get my orders within 20 days or so. Wondering how you're waiting for years. Just connect with a proper person, I am sure it will help you out.

This thread is more than 8 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back