NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume

-Clears throat- Uhhhh.....no don't have mud unless I travel up to Flaggstaff which usually gets the most rain. To much travel though have to save it for my Glamis trip which is in two weeks. So yeah!!!

Hey yeah I will just take it to Glamis with me when I go to Glamis. If a sand storm starts up I will set the helmet out in the middle of the sand storm and let it work the magic LOL! Both good ideas....I may use both of them!!!!!

Work has gotten up to me in school; I've managed to pull together some supplies to give my mandalorian helmet that dirty style look to it. Mainly using the black liquid shoe pollish and will throw some dirt on it to give i a more of a heavy tone of dirtiness. Hopefully, sometime this week I'll get that done.

See, battle scarred I think is cool. But personally, I don't like the dirty look. Having been in the military for a long time, dirty equipment is the sign of a bad warrior. Just like a dirty weapon, ya know. To each his own, I know.

I just see filthy, dinged up Mandos and wonder, dang no washing machine or rattle cans in Star Wars?

yeah I kinda have the same feeling regarding the dirt... I like scars and scrapes, not so much dirt... we're taught to keep our gear clean, even if we can't bathe ourselves so... lmao

If your in the middle of a battle you dont have time to clean, and you can get really dirty/bloody in a few minutes.

Yeah, clean is good, and my black/purple is clean but scratched, scraped, dinged and dented, but clean.

My Snow is blood splattered, no dents or dings, but dirty. Well white gets dirty easily ;)

When I say dirty it up, I mean make it look used, not covered in mud. It's why I use shoe polish as it gives the metallic colour a good dull, oxidised look.

I supposed I should say distress the paint work really.

Excactly what those Navy JROTC guys taught us during my four years in High School. We learned that you always need to leave the "location" better then what it was when you arrived. But who says a mando can't jump into a mud puddle and mess around. All you need to do is go to Kamino to wash all that mud away and your golden.

But I get at what you are going at. I don't plan on going extreme over-board wih the dirty process. Giving the helmet thoe dings and scratch marks seemed enough for me. I will be getting some of my liquid shoe pollish and use some dirt to get it that look I want.

Along with that note I deciding to share some favorite photos of mine taken a while back. Some cool looking photos before graduating high school and afterwards. I am having a trip coming up and wont be around to give you guys updates on what is going on. But in the long run this gives me something to pass the time while on the computer and working on the helmet.

15433_105091222835513_100000039074721_136681_1851738_n.jpg

15942_104688949542407_100000039074721_126917_2581132_n.jpg

15942_104748006203168_100000039074721_128641_6843043_n.jpg

5930_101798399831462_100000039074721_50132_2133741_n.jpg

Just some stuff to pass the time during my last few months of High School and then after high school. I made it worthwhile....now comes that part of more fun during these months and all.

Same here; that photo was taken the day before the Phoenix Cactus Comi-Con at my friends house. It was his birthday and that Saturday we went to the con. Those four photos display what I like to do and what hobbies I have LOL!

Went to Wal*Mart the other day to get something to carry my IPOD touch around so that it does not get scratched inside my pocket. It was up until Saturday or so that I realized that I could use this thing in combination with my work in progress armor. So gathering materials together and all I did some test fitting and took a few photos. This is what I came up with in the long run.

l_c3e78803c08549178d4f5066a5549a4c.png

l_5552be8f968e4fa0a00daedaa8961685.png

l_c5fb4349da4e4b438e375c866eb88992.png

A good overall look. Maybe something that good act as a H.U.D. or some kind of scanner. Not entirly sure seeing s it is my IPOD touch that I am using LOL!

you can find some sort of short animation that looks like a scanner or something, the edit it in some free editing software, loop it to make a long running animation, then play it on the iPod while your trooping, people will see it and WOW COOL ;)

Yeah I was planning on it. I got this application on my IPOD from ITUNES for free that is a finger print scanner. I started it up and looked at it to see if it would work but it does not have any kind of thing that could work out so I am going to check through ITUNES and websites to see if I can find something like that.

Got back from Glamis Sand Dunes guys on Sunday around 5:00p.m. Had a lot of fun before the Sand Rail of ours took a dive and broke down. But at least we still had our four ATVs. I got some photos taken so they will be up sometime tonight to show you all. Now in terms of my mandalorian armor I have come up with a few ideas of what I am going to do with the helmet and all. More information on it will be to come. I am excited that I can finally get back to work on my armor kit.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back