LED suggestions for whistling birds?

Personally, I altered my gauntlet's holes for 3mm and put in these LED's: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077XCMW6J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

20201001_164312.jpg

I am working on an idea with using small copper tubes protruding slightly with fiber optic wire slightly protruding from the tubes. There is a small controller in the guantlet with a battery pack. I didn’t incorporate it into my build but I plan on using it for my next one.

So this is the first time I’ve ever tried doing any led work and wiring, is there a resource you could recommend to find out how to wire it up?
Just wire it up like this:
Untitled-1.jpg

You should be fine with 2 aaa batteries making 3.2 volts. The longer leg of the LED is the positive (anode).

1614522917976.png

Make sure these 2 legs on the LED's don't touch or it will not work.

Here’s what I’m setting up so far...metal tubes with 1.0mm opening for 1.0mm fiber optic. Nothing is glued down yet, so the placement you see is not the final product.
The rig I have is the correct sequencing for the whistling bird power up, so the rows of lights will go on in a 1,2,3 sequence just like the show.
I’ll post more pics when I nail everything down and all the fiber optics set.
825D1F2F-5FE4-4ED3-870D-4C4A8E9E4679.jpeg

D69A12E3-1A79-4030-8A87-85D1D079CBBF.jpeg

33729FD0-3E26-4426-A25B-69BE7F27EB99.jpeg

B46B5D6F-2F62-4A1B-9DAE-50844DFA699B.jpeg

D9785FB3-8C56-4336-B7F0-78AF7F012C5D.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally finished my set-up today. Wish I could upload a video showing the LED power-up sequencing. Anyway, pretty happy with this. Learned a lot that I’ll put into use for my next attempt
View attachment 208347
View attachment 208348
View attachment 208349
Finally finished my set-up today. Wish I could upload a video showing the LED power-up sequencing. Anyway, pretty happy with this. Learned a lot that I’ll put into use for my next attempt
Looks great. I’d be interested in knowing what you used and how you did it.

SolarFett what did you end up doing for the LED lights and controller? I'm getting mine together soon and wanted to do something similar to your setup.

If using blue leads, djbyou still have to use resistors?
As a general rule of them, you should always use some current-limiting device, such as resistor, when powering an LED. Some LEDs have the resistor built into their assembly. Others do not, so just be aware of what you’re buying.

Sean

Search eBay for LEDs prewired with resistors. Just add a 9V battery clip and you are all set.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=blue+3mm+resistors

Edit: here are some more links.

Last edited:
Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back