Girth or Rope Belt Information

• Thread starter Migrate from As You Wish
  • Start date
petsmart is where I found mine. not all petsmarts have the stateline tack department. I spraypainted mine and it looks great with my Rimshot ROTJ belt

Last edited by a moderator:
now the only thing i found odd is that i wear a size 36-38 waist in pants and to get this to go around me and have the 4 - 6 inch space for the straps is i had to get a size 40... they must be in european sizes. anyways i hope this info will help someone. pics will be coming soon

Patrick

The size is not a waist size. The size is for the horse not the human. :)

so, what size would you go for for a 16 yr. 155 lbs. 6 ft. dude? :) i would hate to buy one that is way too big, or too small. thanks.
~Michael

Hey thksdad,

I got my 36" girth from statelinetack.com. I'm about the same build as you. Remember you need some room for the straps that connect each end. Also, if you buy the white one like I did, you'll need to dye it. When you get it out of the hot water, be sure and nail it down on a board to the length you want it to end up with. The wool will shrink considerably if you don't.

Good luck!
m@

yeah i seemed to uncovered an old can of worms, i didnt see the old posts on this from like 2 years ago until i already started this, my dye job failed miserably, came out gray but i only used half the dye suggested for a dark color, it has been sitting in water all night so it wont shrink and will try a super strong batch tonite.
i am going to use soft water tonite, i dont know what the salt does but i didnt have the full cup last night either so we will see, if this doesnt work i might just pour the liquid dye directly on it :lol: .

Very very hot water works best and using the acetone first made a big difference for me.

Last edited:
well i soaked in acetone and doubled the dye and followed the instruction word for word and now have a medium to dark gray belt. has anyone ever used stain to color the belt? I'll probably stretch it out to dry and paint it or guinny pig it with a nice wood stain, what do you guys think

Patrick

I spray painted mine and it came out pretty well. you just have to be sure to seperate and get inbetween everywhere when you do, and when it's all done just start bending it and twisting it to get the "crunch" out and rub it against itself to get the little beads of paint of the fuzzies.

thksdad wrote:

why don't you guys just buy a brown one?
Michael

It is a misconception that the ESB belt is brown.. Hopefully, tylerdurden will drop in here and give a more complete explanation.

Last edited:
well, since were kinda on the subject....what color do i make my ROTJ belt???....brown, or dark red?
Michael

I just called the local PetSmart this afternoon and they have them there as well. I am going to ask if they have a supplier that might do colors. It is a shot in the dark but you never know till you ask. I wonder why they are not holding the dye. I am going to try the Dye when I get mine and if I have to I will leave it in for a few days.

I just bought mine at petsmart. I also bought some liquid Rit Dye. I am going to use the Wine color. It is a sort of brownish reddish maroon color. I will let you know how it turns out tonight. Wish me luck all! :D

Ok this took alot of attention and babying. THe maroon came out pretty rich but I am going to pick up some scarlett tomorrow to redden it up even more. I am very pleased at how well it came out though.

Here is what it looks like right now.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/e2k13/detail?.dir=/3c4c&.dnm=d8c0.jpg

Do you think it needs more red or is it about right?
I am considering coloring these and selling them if there is enough interest. If I do it I will just ask the size you want and then I will dye them and send them out. But that is only if I get enough interest.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back