ESB Boba Fett Helmet Video

welshwarrior123

Active Hunter
Whats up guys, long time no post.
Sadly havent given any appreciation to Boba Fett or this forum for a while. I got stupidly lucky and landed a job as a costume/model maker for Star Wars, so at the risk of being sued through my teeth by disney, i stepped away from all things star wars. But I finished working on Solo a few months back (you guys will love it, once you have gotten used to Alden, its just pure star wars, thats as much as i can say) and had some down time. Rather than post up progress pictures, I did a little video of me painting up a fett helmet over the last 2 weeks. I did a few tutorials a few years go when I was younger, so they are a little dated now. But i thought this could be a cool thing that you guys may enjoy. Im a little rusty on the ol' fett helmet and my camera cannot auto focus to save its life but here it is;

Im going to try and put more content up more regularly, mostly star wars props and stuff. So if you guys like that sort of stuff it would be great if you gave it a like and subscribed. Thanks again guys, this is an incredible forum with some insanely talented people on here.

Wow, this is awesome. Your video series is what convinced me to paint my own ESB helmet, I watched the whole series before even buying a single pot of paint. Excited to see more stuff from you and welcome back!!!

That is so amazing! Congrats brother! I'm more excited about the film now!! Once it comes out maybe you can spill on some of the stuff you worked on!! Great Video too by the way glad to see you back here.

Thank you guys, great to be back. Yeah it was/ is a dream come true, although you spend 15 hours a day making Star Wars stuff, none of it you ever get to keep :( I would absolutely love to share some of the stuff and stories but we signed an NDS as thick as a brick so I’m not risking anything. They did give us cool crew gear though ;

1E063E8C-16B0-49DA-8FF7-DEF0AEBD6D01.jpeg

So the plan is to start piecing together an ESB suit for display, majorly got the bug again, so need to start research who does what as things seem to have changed since the last time I was around here.

Damn, living the dream. I remember using your videos to paint my first helmet. If you ever find yourself in Sheffield Hobbycraft, I'll give you my discount on Humbrol paints.

Hey I’m new here and I wanna start my project with the helmet first but I don’t know where to look. Where did you find your helmet? Or did you buil it from scratch?

great video and real nice work shame about the hard rock music at the start as I work to more relaxing music as it helps the flow seeing as I use chainsaws all day, so watched with the sound muted o_O and maybe its me but you seem to be constantly twitching your head as in a copying off a screen while painting ? thought real pros did work all from pure talent haha.
jokes aside real nice work pal, Swydd da ;)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back