eFx's Mandalorian Helmet

Efx looks nice but I’m not as excited seeing them compared to the newest batch Anovos is putting out. Seeing some of the comparison pictures the newest Anovos helmets are looking better, especially in the visor/mandible area than the efx.

Compared to the first batches of the Anovos helmets the efx wins but I don’t know if that holds true now.

Any chance you can give some thoughts on the size of the EFX helmet for wearing? I never could find clarification on what sizes of head it should fit.
Should fit anyone who was less than a 25 in head very comfortably. You can of course fit more padding inside to make it more snug.

Should fit anyone who was less than a 25 in head very comfortably. You can of course fit more padding inside to make it more snug.
Awesome! It’s my first time doing a costume with a helmet, any recommendation on padding to get? I’ve seen a couple sets on Amazon, but wasn’t sure if there were sets/techniques that people usually preferred. Thanks for the help!

Awesome! It’s my first time doing a costume with a helmet, any recommendation on padding to get? I’ve seen a couple sets on Amazon, but wasn’t sure if there were sets/techniques that people usually preferred. Thanks for the help!
For myself I didn’t need any padding. And you may not need some either, all depends on how it fits you.
If anything, I would say look for a chin strap instead to attach to the helmet.

Got mine this morning. I never got an email from EFX saying they shipped my helmet.

EFX Mandalorian helmet box.jpg

EFX The Mandalorian helmet.jpg

EFX The Mandalorian helmet 3.jpg
EFX The Mandalorian helmet 1.jpg

EFX The Mandalorian helmet 2.jpg

Just received my notification from efx on my order so I should have it in hand by next week. It'll be interesting to compare it to a newer batch of Anovos helmets.

I received my EFX yesterday, and popped off some quick pics (also posted on the RPF, the Prop Den, FB Cargo Hold, FB SW Helmet Hunters, FB Master Replicas group).

Photos with the bounce card. Give this thing some light, and it looks beautiful. Put it in a room without a good direct light source, and it looks kinda....dark. I'd love to see what the actual helmet would like compared to this EFX paint job.

Nikon D750 with the Zeiss 100mm f/2 Makro Planar.

mando_001.JPG
mando_002.JPG
mando_003.JPG
mando_004.JPG
mando_005.JPG
mando_006.JPG
mando_007.JPG
mando_008.JPG
mando_009.JPG
mando_010.JPG

******Photos without a bounce card - and the last one is my photo set up if you're interested.*******

mando_011.JPG
mando_012.JPG
mando_013.JPG
mando_014.JPG

*****This was my little studio set-up - need the bounce card to kick some light to the right side of the helmet. *****

mando_015.JPG

****couple of outdoor pics - first one in shade, the second in direct sunlight *****

mando_016.jpg
mando_017.jpg

My initial thoughts:

When you first open the box, and lift the styrofoam cover, and look at the helmet. It's dark and drab. The weathering looks nasty. I kinda got a sinking feeling. But as soon as I put this next to a good light source, it came alive.

This pic really shows how good it can look.

mando_015.JPG

But where are you going to display this? For me? It's in my office - and it's not next to a window. So it's back to looking pretty dark.

My mohawk lines are not wonky. Took a pic with my iPhone, but nothing interesting to see. They're look like a movie prop.

It's small. Smaller than my MDF Fett helmet. Much more narrow. I can imagine it'd feel somewhat claustrophobic in there. LOL

Not a big fan of the weathering on the cheeks - but in a dark room - it's literally not noticeable. ...but that's because the helmet is pretty dark.

This thing craves light, and I'm going to have to clear a spot next to my office window so it can look it's best. My biggest fear are my kids. They're 6 and 8, and they'll want to play with it. So for now, it stays up, and out of their reach.

***One bit that annoys me more any another with my cast. Left mandible droops about 1/4" lower than the right.

mando_001b.jpg

Which isn't a trait on the screen used helmets. But it's only noticeable when you're up close. From a view distancing - 6-8 ft. Not nearly as much.

The cast is light, but solid and feels sturdy. Very much like my Vader TM ESB. It's definitely lighter than my MDF Fett.

My visor is a bit scuffed up. but Meh. Almost impossible to notice in good light or bad light. You really need to reflect light off the visor to notice.

The overall feel of it though? Is it perfect? No. Definitely not. But it's freaking cool. And it's lineage goes back to the production molds - likely with some mods for sure. But the lineage is unquestionable - which is double cool.

The more I looked at the helmet, the more the mandible issue irritated me. Bryon has agree to exchange my helmet - saying that's not accurate. They can probably fix it - but I don't want to touch it, as then it's entirely non-returnable if I muck it up. I get to hold on to this for week, then ship out next Tuesday or Wednesday.

If you rotate the image to the right with 1,7 degree the mandibles line up better:View attachment 192717

Sure. You can rotate the helmet until the mandibles match up, but the then your vertical lines aren't vertical, and the horizontal line of the stand isn't horizontal.

eFX Mandalorian Helmet Lines.jpg

****Also - then the bottom of the visor is no longer horizontal. Check that gap above your bottom green line. ;)

I just wanted to point out that the helmet was not positioned correctly in that photo. It seems that this helmet (not sure if the original has the same issue) has the Boba Fett syndrome, more exactly the uneven mandibles.

I just wanted to point out that the helmet was not positioned correctly in that photo. It seems that this helmet (not sure if the original has the same issue) has the Boba Fett syndrome, more exactly the uneven mandibles.

Someone did a side-by-side comparison of my helmet on the left, and the screen used helmet, as photographed by John Favreau, on the right.
105932162_10223492621043785_4261884842198922362_o.jpg

You got some great pics of that thing!!
To my eye it seems dark, the weathering seems off, and what's bugging me the most from your shots is that they seemed to disregard the tapering of the visor as it gets narrow towards the bottom...
I'm hoping someone eventually gets one of the newer Anovos buckets. I'd like to see them surpass the EFX quality.

I definitely agree, the lineage is an awesome perk.

Now let's just see how the bucket changes in season 2 ;P

OK, now I see the real issue (this show that I'm not a Mandalorian expert): the bottom of the right mandible should be closer to the center line.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back