Attaching the ear pieces

pigelectric

Hunter
Helloo! I have an FPHS ESB bucket and am starting to get a move on it. The bucket itself is primed and ready to go and I've been staring at some of the ear pieces.
A few questions, as it seemsl ike there are a few different ways to do this:

1. Do you paint and THEN attach the ear pieces? It seems like that would be easier but maybe there is something I am overlooking.

2. I am watching this amazing Youtube series on assembling and painting the bucket and noticed that he was attaching part of the ear pieces with bolts, instead of just gluing them on. Is there a reason for this? Is this piece prone to falling off?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide on the many nuances and logistics of the ESB Boba.

1. You're going to want to have the ears in place before painting. More on this in my second point.

2. Bolts make the ears removable and is screen accurate. I've never seen anyone glue them on. I've seen magnets holding onto the ear cap where the range finder is removable.

I prep the ear pieces, install bolts or machine screws like buda said, but paint them separately from the helmet. It's way easier than leaving them on and trying to mask them off.

I also used the bolts on my ears. Check out WastedFetts web page he shows his way of doing it. Super glue and baking soda. I did it that way. It is super strong. Or JB weld epoxy works too. I think The WelshWarrior has something on it too (YouTube Painting A BobaFett Helmet)

I prep the ear pieces, install bolts or machine screws like buda said, but paint them separately from the helmet. It's way easier than leaving them on and trying to mask them off.

You are the master! Just telling him what you did to my helmet! Wait that sound bad!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back