And here we go: jedisushi's 501st APPROVED (!) ESB

I use a 50 gallon Stanley chest that has wheels. It's a common solution in the 501st. It fits in the back of most SUVs/hatchbacks. Fits the full kit, too! Some people build amazing setups for their gear inside of their chest, but I just use lots of old sheets and bubble wrap.
Next question. I've looked through a dozen or so posts (after searching for XLR), but I'm not seeing where the cable connects on either the right gauntlet or on the jetpack, but I've read a bunch of references to it.

For the RotJ gauntlet, it appears to go inside the part that plugs in with 2 - 1/8" jacks, and goes inside the clear hose. Where does it go on the ESB gauntlet, and where does it connect to the jetpack? (I have a few XLR cables....that's one thing I don't need to buy for this rig.)

For the RotJ gauntlet, it appears to go inside the part that plugs in with 2 - 1/8" jacks, and goes inside the clear hose. Where does it go on the ESB gauntlet, and where does it connect to the jetpack? (I have a few XLR cables....that's one thing I don't need to buy for this rig.)

The guantlet connection for ESB is the same, just as you describe it here. However for ESB the XLR does not actually plug into the jetpack (or anything), assuming you’re going for screen accuracy. It just terminates at the end of the hose, which is all hidden under the “cuff” of the outer sleeve.

So the funny thing is you can actually just chop the XLR plug itself right off, unless you want the plug hanging in there invisibly (in which case you just trim to make that work out). In my case I used some fishing line to connect the end of the wire to the same clip that holds the hose, which helps keep it from sliding off of the XLR cable during trooping.

If you look closely at the references you’ll see that the XLR cable is embedded directly into the component that is attached to the gauntlet, and the hose is actually “floating” around the cable. The hose itself does not connect to the component that plugs into the gauntlet via the two 1/8” plugs, hence the need for me to secure the other end of the cable.

Last edited:
Guess I need to get an SUV now. (This hobby is expensive!) :lol:

I'm trying to reach out to JoJoFett for the braids. It doesn't appear that Woodman has been online in quite a while, unless I've missed something.

I live in a big city and don’t even own a car myself! Nothing about being a Fett is easy, even once the kit is “complete” (it’s never complete).

Re: braids, JoJo is a great option. In my experience Woodman’s are more durable for trooping, so do keep an eye out for a used set.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back