Acronym Help (List) ?

GalaxyFarAway

New Hunter
Hi All, Wondering if there is a list of the commonly used acronyms available somewhere ?
I know I can eventually figure them out on my own .... but a list with their meaning would surely help. A few that come to mind are: AOSW, WIP.
Also, what is meant by a Hero version of a character or costume ?
Thanks !

WIP means "work in progress " used in conjunction with the your personal build thread.

AOSW refers to the anniversary of Star Wars exhibition , detailed picture and reference images referred to as this.

Hero armour is the terminology of the screen used helmet & armour / size etc

Yea "Hero" refers to the higher quality armor worn on screen as opposed to the same kind of armor that background characters wore. The "Hero" versions usually had more detail and looked better because they were meant to be filmed up close.

The easiest example that comes to mind is the 2 Stormtrooper costumes that Luke and Han wear in ANH are "Hero" versions because they are designed to be filmed in close up while random stormtroopers walking around in the background of the shots are considered "Stunt" versions of the costume, they have less detail and/or not as well constructed but are too far away for the camera to pick up those differences.

AOSW=Art of Star Wars
MOM=Magic of Myth
MSH=Movie Sized Helmet
MS=Marrow Sun (helmet)
RF=Range Finder
BM=Bobamaker
GMH=Grant McCune Helmet
FPH/FPH2=FettPride Helmet
BHG=Bounty Hunters Guild (part of the 501st)

There are more, but these are just a few off the top of my head.

To name a few more...

PP1=Pre Production suit 1 aka eyes helmet
PP2= same thing but the 2nd suit photographed for the kenner action figure and maybe some other stuff
PP3=A helmet very similar to the ESB hero mistakenly used by MR(master replicas) for their reproduction helmet

Newb question, is there a drastic detail difference between Fett hero armor verdus the non hero armors offered by builders here? Example Wasted Fett v2 armor or v3 armor versus the detail in Hero armor that someone else might be selling.

Any difference with admission into the 501st?

Newb question, is there a drastic detail difference between Fett hero armor verdus the non hero armors offered by builders here? Example Wasted Fett v2 armor or v3 armor versus the detail in Hero armor that someone else might be selling.

Any difference with admission into the 501st?
I’m probably not the best to answer this, but I believe there is a size difference, in addition to color/ damage difference...

I think, haha!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back