A Trip Down Memory Lane

bigkidbiggertoys

Well-Known Hunter
I went through a bunch of old posts from waaaay back when this forum first started and I was doing Jango stuff. It prompted me to pull out my old knee armor and compare to what I have been working on recently. How times have changed!
IMG_1179.jpg

Oh that is my original knee armor kit I developed with some constructive feedback from Foxbatklr and Cruzer. I never produced the fibreglass kits as I had sold all of my moulds to Cruzer and he moulded and produced these. I believe Wasted Fett is producing these now?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Some of the process hasn’t changed like prep and paint, but the fundamental construction has. Now pictures can be imported, scaled and a 3D model produced ready to print.

The way I built my Jango masters was by studying pics on my computer screen, measuring off that and building a base model using Sintra, wood and body filler. It was time consuming and you would need to try and replicate the precise angle of the reference pics, take a pic and do an overlay in order to see where you were at.

Last edited:
Some of the process hasn’t changed like prep and paint, but the fundamental construction has. Now pictures can be imported, scaled and a 3D model produced ready to print.

The way I built my Jango masters was by studying pics on my computer screen, measuring off that and building a base model using Sinatra, wood and body filler. It was time consuming and you would need to try and replicate the precise angle of the reference pics, take a pic and do an overlay in order to see where you were at.

That's exactly what I did with all my sculpts back then. Old times I guess. I do not know how to 3D model yet o_O:lol:

The way I built my Jango masters was by studying pics on my computer screen, measuring off that and building a base model using Sintra, wood and body filler. It was time consuming and you would need to try and replicate the precise angle of the reference pics, take a pic and do an overlay in order to see where you were at.

I totally remember those days. I remember building sculpting my Jango armor the exact same way.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back