Zero’s Bossk sculpt, a work in progress

Looks awesome. I think yours has more detail than the original.
Yes it does, the original was a quick alien mask done for the cantina scene in Star Wars and recycled for Empire.Just like IG88 really;). I wanted something a bit more complex and have based it off multiple reference..but mostly the awesome Gentle Giant figures and bust as those images are the most prolific.

Last edited:
Working those thousand scales... I haven’t counted them it just feel somewhere near that;)
Evened up the back scales some more and change how the chest looks... areas know one will really see under the neck seal of Bossks suit...
055C3D45-2736-47D7-99E6-84E63F465EE3.jpeg
CAA5B831-0564-42E4-8E20-985627FB7789.jpeg
37F05427-E95F-4E45-B98C-4E47896B7046.jpeg

Just a small update:
I refined the chest and neck scales and had a play with texture for the scales... not 100% happy with the idea, might keep playing a bit more
E44B5D0A-3D57-4235-A586-0A54B1AA0500.jpeg
001477A1-49ED-4444-AFB7-99937302462C.jpeg
51A7D9F2-AF2D-4768-AD25-11E0337312E9.jpeg

A closer view of the texture play...
A2B5211C-0B38-4618-96E9-242E91FF418E.jpeg

I’ve been working the finer details and cleaning between the scales, a slow tedious process and not worth the photos yet ;)
I’m now in a rush against time, I’ve got a big move coming up and packing is a pain... So I’m working on getting it ready to Mould as I’m not confident it will survive the move:confused:.... not long now then:D:D:D
.... photos to follow....

This looks incredible!!! I've been kicking around the idea of trying to sculpt the head as well, just for fun...but dunno if I will get around to it. I always kinda wondered about the eyes....I've seen some where they are acrylic eyes added later, and others where they are just part of the cast and painted. What are your thoughts on that??
D

This looks incredible!!! I've been kicking around the idea of trying to sculpt the head as well, just for fun...but dunno if I will get around to it. I always kinda wondered about the eyes....I've seen some where they are acrylic eyes added later, and others where they are just part of the cast and painted. What are your thoughts on that??
D

Thanks man, I had been kicking around the idea to sculpt this guy too...
I have been thinking about the eyes quite a lot, they are an important part.
I have seen the ones that are part of the mask, and sure they work but I’m not a big fan. I prefer the acrylic ones.
Ive been hunting around for the best item to use... (where I don’t really have to make them).... so far I have managed to find anything... not where I don’t have to source them from over seas that is...

I could cast some,as I have used 50mm ping pong balls for it’s eyes. but at the moment I’m not really wanting to add the expense to the masks...beside i will need to buy a pressure chamber first....

I've got to say, this is without a doubt, the best Bossk sculpt I've seen. Huge amounts of kudos to you on this! Have you done any other sculpts?

Last edited:
I've got to say, this is without a doubt, the best Bossk sculpt I've seen. Huge amounts of kudos to you on this! Have you done any other sculpts?

Thanks man... had to put this on hold while i move.

Yes I have sculpted a few other things:) this is my first Star Wars character, I have been meaning to do this for a while now, there’s a few other characters I would like to sculpt after this as well.....:whistle:

Here is an old creature sculpt from a few years back.....
FF710798-0645-497A-B221-E9758A701309.jpeg

Thanks man... had to put this on hold while i move.

Yes I have sculpted a few other things:) this is my first Star Wars character, I have been meaning to do this for a while now, there’s a few other characters I would like to sculpt after this as well.....:whistle:

Here is an old creature sculpt from a few years back.....
View attachment 161665

Well that's my nightmare sorted for tonight :eek:

Do you have an instagram or deviantArt page or anything like that? I do love to check out original monster creations haha :D

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back