WIP: Artakha's Fett V2 RotJ helmet paint up--from scratch to finish!

WOW !! Awesome looking helmet man! Really sharp looking......
Do you have any idea how your V2 ROTJ compares in size to the FPH2 ?

I found measurements someone had of the FPH2 (quoting bcurtis)

"I just measured my FPH2 and got the following:
Width (not counting ears): 250mm
Front to back: 267mm
RM: 144mm
LM: 146mm"

My V2 helmet measures as:

Width (not counting ears, again): 245mm
Front to back: 267mm (oddly exactly the same as the measurements bcurtis posted.)
RM 147mm
LM 145mm
(^I may be mistaken on which side is which, but I was thinking in terms of left and right from the wearer's perspective, as we do with the ears)

Also, I found someone who quoted the PP2 helmet dimensions (intwenothor), for reference:

"Forum member Keegan put up some measurements from the actual PP2 a while ago and gave the dimensions as:
Width 240mm
Front to back 267mm

Keegan also gave PP2 mandible measurements of LM 147mm and RM 150mm but you'll have to get someone with a FPH2 to take those for comparison."

Hope that helps to get an idea!

That's a lot of good information. It looks like your V2 is very close in size to the H2. With the largest difference being 5mm, that's only 3/16 of an inch
(sorry I'm old school, never converted over) that's pretty close! Are they comparable in height also? I have a plain FP helmet that I was going to paint until I came to the realization of the differences of it compared to the H2. After finding that out I determined to make a good ROTJ, it would be best to go the H2 route instead of trying to make the other one work. Did you have any trouble sizing the stencils for the H2 ? I'm not set up very well to get my scaled properly...

That's a lot of good information. It looks like your V2 is very close in size to the H2. With the largest difference being 5mm, that's only 3/16 of an inch
(sorry I'm old school, never converted over) that's pretty close! Are they comparable in height also? I have a plain FP helmet that I was going to paint until I came to the realization of the differences of it compared to the H2. After finding that out I determined to make a good ROTJ, it would be best to go the H2 route instead of trying to make the other one work. Did you have any trouble sizing the stencils for the H2 ? I'm not set up very well to get my scaled properly...

Sorry for not getting back to you on this! I have yet to hold an FPH2, but I'd assume the dome size is about the same. With any luck I'll be getting one soon so I can post some comparison pictures. Since my helmet is directly based off of RafalFett's templates, the matching up of templates has mostly been a breeze; I don't have experience with other helmets but I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to resize.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back