Will Friedrichs, RKD, is now one with the Force. Rest In Peace, Brother.

You are now one with the force will ....I am lucky enough to have your items on my kit and each time I troop I will think of you.
Rest in peace my Star Wars brother

He will be sorely missed by the community his work and his customer service is definitely something that is unfortunately rare in this hobby.

Such sad news. I only knew Will from when I bought a full set of armour from him, only last year. Totally fantastic and trouble free experience, brilliant communications and a wonderful person to deal with.
Thoughts to all his family and friends. RIP, Will.

Very sad news, a loss to all. I had some interaction while getting my armor from him. He went out of his way to help out and was great to deal with. His skill, craft, and devotion to all will be greatly missed..
I will be honored, and proud to wear his armor.

I'm shocked and saddened by this news. I hardly knew Will but in our few exchanges he was so friendly and went out of his way to provide his service. It's obvious from the above posts that to those who knew him he was a generous and humble human being. He will be deeply missed.

Terribly sad news that this young talented artists and big contributor to the starwars costuming community is gone . The few interactions I had with him on TDH were only ever pleasant and positive, he will be missed here and now doubt by his friends and family, R.I.P RKD

What horrible news... I was heartbroken when I saw this. He was nothing but generous and caring, a really genuine person. He will be sorely missed, but as stated his legacy lives on with the masterpieces he's left with some of us. Sincerely awful :(

Was saddened to hear this & nothing but respect for this humble man. To continue to work on what he loved & provide a quality product. RIP & condolences to family & friends. He will be greatly missed.

So I've kinda been holding off on this as I didn't know him personally or what to say but every encounter I had with him was great and he did an awesome job for the community but the news was a little more shocking as one of the greatest men I ever knew personally died on the same day from the big c and he also was just like rkd working right up till the end to make people smile. Rkd was a great man and will be sorely missed. I will be proud to remember him every time I wear my armor from here on out. Thank you will for bringing enjoyment into many lives and rest in piece

I wish I could have met him. I have some of his pieces and he was very great to work with. This was a total shock to me. I'm new to this community and he was very helpful in answering my questions. He will be greatly missed.

This one has hit pretty close to home. As someone who wears RKD armor, and someone who is dealing with cancer I've been feeling this one pretty hard. RKD will no doubt be missed greatly and I hope his family can find some bit of normalcy after this loss. I know the loss for the community will be felt for a long time.

RIP Will.

I knew he had been sick, though this still came as a shock today on my Facebook feed. And despite my sporadic activity, Will always came across to me as one of the friendliest people here. I'm not surprised by the outpouring of love and respect, and even though I never got to meet him either, he was always helpful, encouraging, and answered any dumb question I had regarding props and armor. And his customer service was some of the best I've had! It's people like him that make me want to be a part of the costuming community. Even now, I still have his armor, waiting to be touched on a future Mando project. Thoughts and prayers to his friends and family. He will be missed!

I just saw the horrible news on IG. I haven't worked in my costume in a couple months...but my full set of RKD armor that's sitting in my garage workspace will be finished soon. I didn't have the opportunity to interact with will much, outside of ordering my armor from him, which was wonderfully sculpted and a very easy transaction. My condolences to those close. Rest in peace Will.

I only knew him through his armor services; he was always professional and helpful. This is a big loss to the community. I wish I had met him personally. Anyone have any good stories about Will?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back