Warning: Issues with Ponteworks

I just want my helmet back, all the financial stuff, and other going on in his life is one thing, BUT I WANT MY KIT BACK. Whilst it is in his possession and not mine without my permission, it is STOLEN GOODS. End of story

Thats where I'm at, but he has everything of mine except the JP, to include a not so cheap Clothears flight suit and vest that I had to wait 8 months to get in the first place. Nevermind almost $400 worth of metal parts from Dakota and MOW boots.

So sorry to hear this brutha, I've a tonne of spares so let me know what you need and ll send u stuff, no cost.

Thats where I'm at, but he has everything of mine except the JP, to include a not so cheap Clothears flight suit and vest that I had to wait 8 months to get in the first place. Nevermind almost $400 worth of metal parts from Dakota and MOW boots.

I just want to be finished dealing with Rick.

collector, do you even know if Rick ordered your parts or just kept the money?

hunter930 and flame chicken I suggest you ask for your stuff back ASAP and get your items to actual painters.

hunter930 and flame chicken I suggest you ask for your stuff back ASAP and get your items to actual painters.

I have been for the last two weeks via text and FB with no luck. I can tell through FB messenger that he's been on FB (earlier today) as well, but no reply.

I ordered all of the stuff myself and let it ship to Rick.

I ordered all of the stuff myself and let it ship to Rick.

hell, depending on the total price of your gear plus commission, at least in Arizona, what's been mentioned in this thread are class 6 - class 3 felony theft charges. legal representation isn't even necessary in that case. not sure if the fact that the theft is occurring across state lines but something tells me it makes things just a bit worse... something called wire fraud i believe, 18 United States Code section 1343, and is a federal offense.

Potentially that could be a very sensible idea and might at least get a lot of you half way there. It's obviously not ideal but would seem preferable to the status quo.

I think something needs to be done. While Rick did make a new thread there were no answers or clarity when costumers can expect their items/refunds back or completed commissions. The complete lack of communication is unbelievable, especially when you look at the $ amount he's taken from customers up front.

While I don't know what the laws in VA are for theft, fraud, etc I'm almost positive there are legal avenues as a group that could be made. While an unfortunate turn that would be, Rick can't even jump on here more than once a month to explain to his customers or the community what's been going on. I think all of us that gave Rick money in 2014 are owed why he didn't work on our commissions and allowed a back log to fill up to this point.

I hope everyone will get your stuff back and refunds in due time. Rick once again (past his original promise) that my knees would ship Monday (11/21). He also promised another customer that a completed helmet would also ship Monday (11/12). At this point I don't believe anything he tells me, nor should any of his customers. I'm honestly surprised he hasn't been banned yet. He has taken over $21,000 in commissions with no means of paying anyone back during his current employment situation and goes weeks in the dark without communicating to customers. If he refuses to start returning kits then I believe he's crossed the line to allow legal action and he can blame no one but himself.

It's time to Pay the Pied Piper.

I had no idea that this many members have their kits stuck with him. Wow. I'd be so pissed. Just send the kits back! That's all everyone wants sounds like. Jeez.

I had no idea that this many members have their kits stuck with him. Wow. I'd be so pissed. Just send the kits back! That's all everyone wants sounds like. Jeez.

I want my knees back Monday painted or unpainted. I also want my $550 I gave him 2 years ago for a helmet paint up. I won't be letting either of them go until he takes responsibility for his actions.

I want my knees back Monday painted or unpainted. I also want my $550 I gave him 2 years ago for a helmet paint up. I won't be letting either of them go until he takes responsibility for his actions.

I wouldn't give up or let it go either! I think there are enough people involved that this can and will be made right.

I wouldn't give up or let it go either! I think there are enough people involved that this can and will be made right.

Sorry if my comment seemed negative towards you. I'm 100% frustrated with Rick and his behavior.

I hope this ends well but I have a feeling it's going to end with people getting their kits back and Rick stealing a lot of money.

Sorry if my comment seemed negative towards you. I'm 100% frustrated with Rick and his behavior.

I hope this ends well but I have a feeling it's going to end with people getting their kits back and Rick stealing a lot of money.
Nah man you're good! Didn't come across negative at all. Cheers bro

Sigh.....I don't want to call anyone out or volunteer anyone but there is only one person I know of within driving distance of Ponte. The ONLY one that got his full kit painted and it would be a great service to the community if he communicated with Ponte and worked something out with the members here to get their stuff back. I don't know how we would be able to get our money back if Ponte is completely broke from his circumstances.

please don't ask him to do that. i understand everyone's frustration and the need to reach a solution but this should not even be an option.

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited by a moderator:
Asking anyone besides Rick to ship items back is asking too much and I know for a fact they haven't spoken in awhile.

Rick really needs to get on here pubically and let everyone know the status of their order/refund.

If none of us hear a word from him I will go through this route.
Thanks!

Hope you guys get all your items and funds back , usually a certified letter will motivate the person to get things right before the next step has to be taken legally ,there would be no way the vendor could possibly win in this case.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back