Volvo Panels Don't Fit Zenix Box

Edrrak Nolat

Active Hunter
Anyone else have this problem?

I ordered all my HiC parts in 2016 (yes, I know, shame on me for taking so long) and received the panels and 3d printed greeblies from Custom 3D stuff which was the source listed and recommended in Zenix's sale thread.

I'm finally starting to put things together for test fits and the panels are WAY too small for the pre-cut openings in the MDF and I'm unsure how to proceed.

Hope this worked?
HiC build

All the edges are off with large gaps, and the tabs don't line up with the pre-cut holes in the top. I'm more surprised as I thought since they were sold by the same person who cut the boxes they would fit snug as a bug in a rug.

mine are the same way, I ordered my panels from another vendor but off by a 1/4" all the way around. I personally don't have an issue with it, I'm not going for 1000% accuracy. box looks great though, happy with my purchase

How did you resolve it? Just cut the tab opening wider? And did you use anything to fill in the gaps going around?
I just took my time with my dremel. I drew in pencil about an 1/8" all the way around, sanding down the bulk of it and taking a metal file to level it smooth. any gaps I filled with caulk.

what type of caulk? silicone acrylic (it's called Alex Plus). just a thin bead all around followed by a wet finger to smooth it down the joints, corners, etc of the box itself I used bondo

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back