ToEleven ESB Animefan paintup for Italianfett420

ToEleven

Active Hunter
Time to get things cranked up for @italianfett420's Animefan.

View attachment IMG_20170419_190046456.jpg
The kit

IMG_20170424_233559145.jpgView attachment IMG_20170425_214903455.jpg
... visor trim, borden install & a 400 grit wet sand. Visor clips and t-nuts held in with jb-weld epoxy

View attachment IMG_20170425_214322847.jpg
Ready to rock! I used a self etching primer (duplicolor)

Last edited by a moderator:
yea the coldcast for boba really isnt worth it as so little silver is showing. I have painted one or two using the cold cast as the silver by customer request, but it never really looks right, and as Dom said, it isnt actually movie correct. It should be white gelcoat to be fully movie accurate. Priming in white is the next best thing.

You are in good hands with ToEleven!

yea the coldcast for boba really isnt worth it as so little silver is showing. I have painted one or two using the cold cast as the silver by customer request, but it never really looks right, and as Dom said, it isnt actually movie correct. It should be white gelcoat to be fully movie accurate. Priming in white is the next best thing.

You are in good hands with ToEleven!
hm white primer you say... interesting. I have light grey primer I was gonna use but maybe ill grab a can of white tomorrow

- - - Updated - - -

now...the ears being cold cast is nice... that's better then using regular resin for sure
they actually didn't shine up as nice as the helmet with mine. Think they were regular resin

Only because it can mimic the gelcoat. there are some scratches on the back panels that expose the white gelcoat. I would usually do the grey primer and then the white over it. Its not a necessity though.

I had a setback with Model Master Euro gray. I order enamels by mistake, but went ahead and used them...big mistake. The Euro Gray Enamel is a shade lighter than the Acrylic Version of the same color. In normal room lighting I didn't even notice it, but when I unmasked my POG layer it really showed up.

Anyway lesson learned, and now I'm waiting for the correct paint. :facepalm

Here's what it looks like now.

View attachment IMG_20170605_132110687.jpgView attachment IMG_20170605_132135175.jpgView attachment IMG_20170605_132201256.jpgView attachment IMG_20170605_132408923.jpg

How's this helmet coming?

Sent from my iPhone

Updates...the reds are finally done along with the brunswick green/black portion of the cheeks.

I got bogged down with some damage my masking tape did to some of the green cheek section. I can usually get away with painters tape, but this bucket was having none of it...so I'm sticking with tamiya tape for any contact with the helmet.

_MG_2590.jpg_MG_2588.jpg_MG_2585.jpg_MG_2583.jpg_MG_2582.jpg

Killstripes are on deck!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back