Boushh Todd's (Sandman) Boushh Helmet Build

Amazing, you really do a great job! I tried doing something like that before but it did not work out, I`m holding on to sketching and drawing battles of STAR WARS...

Amazing, you really do a great job! I tried doing something like that before but it did not work out, I`m holding on to sketching and drawing battles of STAR WARS...

Do you guys know who I can contact to buy a kit (or even a partial kit)?

Wow your attention to detail is incredible. Ive never seen anything like this.

That's a real work of art. Amazing stuff!

Wow looks great

Thanks guys for all your kind words!

Haven't been able to be at my worktable due to me moving house. Hope to get back to more builds soon!

Awesome build! My new years project was a Boushh Helmet build (from Todd of course!) and your thread really came in handy! I'm relatively new at this so your notes and pictures were invaluable! I hope you don't mind that I used your notes/pictures as a template for my own, this has been hands down the best and most comprehensive thread on the Boushh Helmet out there. Truly inspiring! Thanks!

Awesome build! My new years project was a Boushh Helmet build (from Todd of course!) and your thread really came in handy! I'm relatively new at this so your notes and pictures were invaluable! I hope you don't mind that I used your notes/pictures as a template for my own, this has been hands down the best and most comprehensive thread on the Boushh Helmet out there. Truly inspiring! Thanks!

Thanks for your kind words! Please feel free to use anything you need. I'm glad this can be helpful to fellow builders. Please also feel free to ask me anything about my build, and I'm sure yours will be awesome! Happy new year!

This was amazing, I'm so inspired I can't wait to get to work on my build. I sent my email off to Todd today *fingers crossed*

Thanks for the motivation!

This was an awesome build thread to read through! Great work it looks fantastic mate :)
By any chance would you take a commission for an esb boba plaque lol

This was amazing, I'm so inspired I can't wait to get to work on my build. I sent my email off to Todd today *fingers crossed*

Thanks for the motivation!

Thanks man! Post your build too when you get the helmet! I'm sure it'll be awesome!

This was an awesome build thread to read through! Great work it looks fantastic mate :)
By any chance would you take a commission for an esb boba plaque lol

Thanks buddy! Unfortunately, I am in the middle of a house move, and some stuff are in storage for the next 4 months. I'll let you know if I start on the plaques again!

Thanks Todd! Your helmet quality is amazing! Such a breeze to work with!

Seeker, look no further. Sandman is your man!

- - - Updated - - -

So here's the next update.

Decided to tackle the head antenna thingy. While the supplied part was ok, I wanted to do another one myself. Maybe because I wanted sharper edges, maybe because I wanted rounder tubes, but mainly because I'm anal this way. http://www.therpf.com/images/styles/smilies/smile.png

So this began with sourcing for the right sized tubes and a little bit of thinking behind how to fabricate it, comparing closely with the kit part.

Photo%2017-5-15%2010%2033%2017%20am_zpsutd0eqfj.jpg

From the main tube, 6 slots were marked out with graphic tape to be cut out:

Photo%2017-5-15%2012%2057%2003%20pm_zps7bvmezvn.jpg

Slots cut and the tube sanded down to see better:

Photo%2017-5-15%201%2036%2059%20pm_zpsb0hzxiuw.jpg

Next, a larger size tube was cut into 4 rings, one complete ring, and 3 cut further to form 2 arches each. I need 6 of these. The first ring done:

Photo%2017-5-15%202%2015%2009%20pm_zpsdu7jourc.jpg

All 6 arches done.

Photo%2017-5-15%203%2036%2035%20pm_zpsv7nacw4l.jpg

The inside was filled with several tubes of different diameters as per the actual prop, and the hole for the antenna drilled.

Photo%2017-5-15%204%2032%2033%20pm_zpsgpnl5vps.jpg

I inserted a screw thread on the back for easy installation into the helmet later:

Photo%2017-5-15%204%2032%2025%20pm_zpsacxj1knp.jpg

The completed part primed:

Photo%2017-5-15%208%2058%2018%20pm_zpstgx2lfhr.jpg

Photo%2017-5-15%205%2006%2014%20pm_zpsqt7pjkhd.jpg

That's all for today. Gonna be travelling for work for a week, so won't be able to continue this till next week. In the meantime, if anyone can help me to identify the metal greeblies that go on the end of the antenna as shown, that would be awesome!

Those metal things along the rod. What are they and where can I find them?

antenna_zpsgj4daijg.jpg
If you still have your original one...I'll gladly take it off your hands :)

Last edited by a moderator:
While letting the helmet dry, I did the rest of the greeblies:

Photo%2031-5-15%206%2032%2011%20pm_zpsalul2plp.jpg

I'm basing my own helmet build from this tutorial. What paint colors were used on these greeblies? The snout piece looks like it has a base of Gun Metal, but photos can be tricky.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back