General The TDH Boba boot problem

Ok so completely outside of MOW what's our next option?

- - - Updated - - -

Heres a pic of my once PrePros now ESB
7bd74f5c715ea55782b40ae350b182cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone
I really like these! Well done

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought mine from Landher. He´s a member here but not much online. He´s a shoemaker from Mexico. A great guy, also a member of the 501st, BUT VERY BUSY and hard to contact. You´ll have to be really patient when contacting him. His boots are custom-made and already come with aluminium toe spikes. You can also find him at facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Landher.shoemaker?fref=ts

These are mine when they arrived:
View attachment 108072

Here after I did some weathering:
View attachment 108073

Aaron still makes the boots, I´ve just contacted him via facebook. I love his boots. They are made to measure (just send him your shoe-size) and they already come with the aluminium toe spikes. You´ll just have to finish them (weathering).

These are what Rodabary had me weather for him.
8eb90a303e2cbf5a312de50fe54f1d4d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

those soles look nice and thin, something the MOW's lack. can you take other pictures of the shape of the sole? is it octagonish in the front? thats one of the main things about Christian's that make his accurate, the angles of the forward toe-sole section...

Sent from my iPhone

I just spoke to CA Boots. They are going to start offering CANVAS now. I just put in an order.

"We held back on the canvas boots because we were having problems with the canvas version.
I think we figured it out, I probably should add a product for it now."

Hi Everyone, here's a few pictures of the boots before they were weathered by Fett4Real (awesome job!!!)... I too was having trouble finding boots in 9.5 and came across these on eBay... the seller said he designed them to be as screen accurate as possible and then had a shoemaker in South America custom build them with the hope of doing a run of shoes... unfortunately, these are the only pair he had... I've contacted him about the possibility of getting more made or putting me in contact with the shoemaker he used... will update when I have new info.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170327/9c72fa72e6cff48a5e7900a18b613e30.jpg[/IMG]
bd1b067cf92c4d945d706cb890a0d7cd.jpg

db0c0dd87ed25cf7fd6b8d9c3a8af16d.jpg
29a702b966caee0a3b2fd5668a00f26b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Everyone, here's a few pictures of the boots before they were weathered by Fett4Real (awesome job!!!)... I too was having trouble finding boots in 9.5 and came across these on eBay... the seller said he designed them to be as screen accurate as possible and then had a shoemaker in South America custom build them with the hope of doing a run of shoes... unfortunately, these are the only pair he had... I've contacted him about the possibility of getting more made or putting me in contact with the shoemaker he used... will update when I have new info.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170327/9c72fa72e6cff48a5e7900a18b613e30.jpg[/IMG]
bd1b067cf92c4d945d706cb890a0d7cd.jpg

db0c0dd87ed25cf7fd6b8d9c3a8af16d.jpg
29a702b966caee0a3b2fd5668a00f26b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Cool let us know if you hear anything!

Sent from my iPhone

Those are really nice but i still like the toe of the MOW ones better.... but if this guy does do ore, it def looks like a very viable option. Since im rebuilding my Fett starting after Celebration im in no rush for boots so we'll see whats avaiable when im ready. Im still partial to MOWs. i really love them.. i do like that 3 layer sole on these though. :)

347852684c35db042d9d35aa7bedc2a6.jpg
Hey just to let yall know with the pre pros from MOW that i painted to ESB these are the paints I used in order to get some flex to the paint so it wouldn't crack. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone

347852684c35db042d9d35aa7bedc2a6.jpg
Hey just to let yall know with the pre pros from MOW that i painted to ESB these are the paints I used in order to get some flex to the paint so it wouldn't crack. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks buddy it does!

Sent from my iPhone

Huge thanks for posting the paints you used. Amazing job. I recently got the white MOW boots and am about to give them your makeover. I think I can handle it but a little sketched about the piping.

Well thank you for the compliment and as far as the piping goes just hit it with black first then let them dry good before you go any further that way if u get some on the boots you can always blend it with the grey you mix up. But as always if you got any questions hit me up

Sent from my iPhone

I just spoke to CA Boots. They are going to start offering CANVAS now. I just put in an order.

"We held back on the canvas boots because we were having problems with the canvas version.
I think we figured it out, I probably should add a product for it now."

Will the New CA boots have the round toe or the boxey toe?
Also can i possibly chat in PM with someone who has ordered from Aaron in Mexico?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back