General The TDH Boba boot problem

You could try and dye the white ones right? I had to paint the gray ones white for my Supertrooper and aside from some cracking it worked out pretty well

Here are my gray ones painted white. I tried a ton of different paints from regular paint, to latex kilz primer for houses and plasti dip. Keep in mind I was trying to cover black which was hard. Going from white to black should be easy. His boots are high quality and these have at least 50 hours of wear time on them
7B812B3F-72D5-4104-9A4D-7BA83798F4A2.jpg

If you're looking for accurate boots you should avoid Evolution props and CAboots. If you need to boots asap it looks like getting the prepro version of MOW and painting them is going to be your only option unless you can find a pair in the cargo hold. If you don't mind waiting try contacting some of the people mentioned previously. If you can I would really recommend you be patient and get something that is accurate. There is no reason to spend twice the money on them just to have something in the mean time. I mean for that matter you could just go get some flat grey shoes and paint black stripes on them and spend way less money until the MOW boots are available.

Yup! Mine are like that. Pretty easy to paint with acrylics and airbrushing. Now that I think about it, I think the piping and elastic were the only things that were black.
Yeah, that sounds like you could be right. I think the only reason I got rid of them was due to the difficulties in fixing the Toespike plates. I don't think the colour was a consideration for me.

I've had a pair of Evolution Props boots for about 5 years. They have been an excellent boot and are deceptively comfortable. 90% of the items that come out of that props house are garbage, I agree, but the boots have held up well. You will, of course, have to paint them with acrylic washes to get them the correct color. Also, my toe spikes are from another vendor so I can't speak to Evo's quality there but for $100 it's a pretty good option.

87dece2f-9568-4bd3-8ace-66567ead16cc_zpsca9db7pe.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

Didn't CA Boots also change the style of theirs? When I got a pair like 10 years ago they were way better than what it looks like they have now.

I bought the MOW pre pros and painted them with Jacquard Textile paint and it works awesome it also has the flex to it to keep it from cracking, had to paint the elastic black and was worried about the flexing issue but all was good. Hope that helps.

I bought the MOW pre pros and painted them with Jacquard Textile paint and it works awesome it also has the flex to it to keep it from cracking, had to paint the elastic black and was worried about the flexing issue but all was good. Hope that helps.

For sure man. If I end up going that rout I may PM you brother.

Sent from my iPhone

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back