The Grant McCune Boba Fett Helmet

Yes Asok is the GMH holder last i knew, but I was trying to give him the broad strokes of what original casts were out there, not just GMH.

Does anyone know if Asok still produces these helmets? If so, I'd PM him, but I'd not want to bother anyone without more information.

Thanks!!

As far as I know, Christi is still doing them, but I haven't seen her on in a while.

ASOK is still around. But I'd look at all options first. The GMH is a little small, and was originally a PP2 lid. Personally I'd recommend you read more and talk to FP, Asok and Animefan for all the available options.

ASOK is still around. But I'd look at all options first. The GMH is a little small, and was originally a PP2 lid. Personally I'd recommend you read more and talk to FP, Asok and Animefan for all the available options.

I talked to FP a few weeks ago. He recently sold his GMH mold. He also stated that Asok's mold is now remade from a cast from the leased GMH mold. This would be worth looking into, but as stated above, there are other options. I picked up a few animefan buckets a while back, and I can say without any doubt theyre top notch with a fair turnaround.

I talked to FP a few weeks ago. He recently sold his GMH mold. He also stated that Asok's mold is now remade from a cast from the leased GMH mold. This would be worth looking into, but as stated above, there are other options. I picked up a few animefan buckets a while back, and I can say without any doubt theyre top notch with a fair turnaround.

So nothing gets lost in translation, not leased actually. This is just an FYI to the rest of the membership for clarification.

Asok (Bill Warren to be very specific), bought a fresh GMH production mold that had 3 years of production exclusivity attached to it, which expired this month. As part of the agreement, I retained a backup production mold that was kept in reserve for posterity. From April 2012 to present , the GMH was solely an Asok production, and as far as I know will still be for the foreseeable future. The reserve mold was indeed sold to another TDH member recently, who can certainly discuss his future intentions when he see's fit. And so there are no punches pulled (because I've already been asked), the original GMH production mold (the very first one from 2009) does still exist, and is still in my library. It was retired due to excessive mold wear. As with all molds, it saw the end of its productive life cycle.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the clarification Chris. Had I known you would be johnny on the spot with a response, I would have let you address the question in leui of my comment.

Thanks for the clarification Chris. Had I known you would be johnny on the spot with a response, I would have let you address the question in leui of my comment.

It's not a problem at all, Matt. You weren't overstepping or anything like that. I just like to be thorough lol (y)

Thank you all so much for your comments and added information. I am and will continue to be still looking for some time, gathering this stuff -- it and you are really fantastic!

You're in good hands man. Research thru the versions and know which you are doing. Then read thru build up threads to learn specifics on the available lids and other gear. At least you found TDH before you spent 700$ on crap Boba stuff :/ lol.

Nice is this a fake Grant McCune Helmet ? Its Listed as cold cast, the one here is resin cast ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GMH-Boba-Fett-Helmet-in-cold-cast-aluminum-/181689180554?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item2a4d84e18a

Offering a 100% refund on the quality of the item ?

Have the GMH helmets improved that much ?

That is the notorious recaster Slartblartifast.......along with probably a dozen other names. He buys quality helmets and then recasts them and sells them. Everyone I have ever heard that had one says they are horrible sloppy casts.

That is the notorious recaster Slartblartifast.......along with probably a dozen other names. He buys quality helmets and then recasts them and sells them. Everyone I have ever heard that had one says they are horrible sloppy casts.

wow thanks for catching that would have been a nightmare !

I am ordering from animefan either way but wanted to know if i can get a short cut

Thank you very much for the accurate detail, I will remember this when I start my helmet build!! :)

I Stinking Love This Forum!! Such a good read!

Nice is this a fake Grant McCune Helmet ? Its Listed as cold cast, the one here is resin cast ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GMH-Boba-Fett-Helmet-in-cold-cast-aluminum-/181689180554?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item2a4d84e18a

Offering a 100% refund on the quality of the item ?

Have the GMH helmets improved that much ?

When I decided I wanted to build a Boba Fett Costume the first thing I did was purchase the helmet. BIG MISTAKE! I wish I would have known this forum existed before my purchase. I purchased the GMH Cold Cast from Class.of.1984 on ebay and there is a lot of work to be done. However it is not so bad that I want to return it. I would rather take the time and build the skills on this first time helmet and use them for my next build. I am fortunate however that even now after doing the research I accidently picked the GMH and still would have purchased a GMH casting. However it would have been from FP. So...with all that being said, I may start a new thread and post the issues with this "re-cast" and show my progress pictures.

Wow, very nice info to know. Been planning my build on my own Boba Fett outfit. Figure to start I the Helmet first, since I think it's the most iconic piece of the build. I would love any advise to how to go about starting. Is there a specific person I should buy the helmet cast from.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back