Team Fett Project HELP!

Hello all,
I've had the pleasure of spending the last two and a half years building a ROTJ Darth Vader and heavily involved with researching on the Sith Lord Detachment. I have submitted for my 501st approval and waiting to hear back any day now. I've done two troops so far and I am hooked! My father in law loves it and showed up to the second troop I did at a movie theater for the premier of The Last Jedi. On New Years day he asked me if I could help him build something too so he could do the troops with me. Never thought he would ever of wanted to do something like this, but again he wants to spend time together doing something like this as my wife (his daughter) and our kids LOVE Star Wars and have supported my journey to become Vader since day one. Him and I went through various characters and I tried to direct him more towards a Storm Trooper as the build isn't as labor intensive and more straight forward then lets say a Boba Fett :) He saw the character before from ESB and ROTJ and said, that's what I want to do. I started researching on how we can pull it off and it brought me here. So from reading some of the forum discussions I can see this is going to be as time consuming if not more than my Vader build. I would appreciate ANY information on where to get started and hoping to be pointed in the right direction as far as suppliers and even a list of everything that he will need. My father in law is 61 and getting close to retirement so I would love to help him on this ROTJ Fett journey and get him suited up in a good amount of time. Thank you in advance to anyone that can reach out and help me out.

Most of the good suppliers are here and they post sales threads in the cargo hold. Thats were you should buy most of your stuff. The guys with the ongoing runs here are all honest persons in my eyes and provide good stuff.
If you buy used items you should look at reference pics or ask the people here, if you want you can send me a message. I am not one of the crazy proffesionals here and more into ESB but maybe I can help you.
Check out what is available and dont hesitate to long.
If you dont want to paint yourself you should ask somebody here to do it for you or buy already painted items.
Is his goal to be 501st approved?

Please keep in mind that Fett is a not comfortable costume and takes some time to put it on. He should be in a good shape because its hot and heavy with the jetpack and gauntlets.

This is kind of an older thread so the prices may be different (depending on vendors) and depending on which version of Fett you do could also alter pricing info. There it is a pretty comprehensive list of the part needed for a Boba.
https://www.thedentedhelmet.com/for...read-this-about-how-much-you-will-spend.5823/
New to TDH? Read this about how much you will spend!

You are in the right place for info on building a Fett. It sounds like you are familiar with detachments from your Vader build so it would also be a good idea to also get a forum account made over at the BH detachment site www.thebhg.net

Vader and Fett are probably top 5 in terms of cost and time spent building costumes. You appear to be no stranger to researching so do your homework and determine which version of Fett you want and how accurate you are willing to go (using actual found parts or casts or repros, etc). A popular question for Fett suit building is "Do you want fast, accurate, or cheap? You can only pick two." Also another common phrase is "Buy cheap, buy twice".

There is a large enough community here that you can source costume pieces from individuals here, so try to avoid ebay sellers. Hope that start you with an idea of what you are in for and welcome to the Fett-ish!

Important!!!

Its hard to get good shoes. Man of War might be the best source and he just did his final run. But they wrote today there are some in size 10 left. Write quick to him:

For Sale - SALE Thread: Man of War FINAL boot run: LIVE!
Thank you! Just sent him a message and he got back to me. Hoping to hear some good news on the boots. I really appreciate all the feedback. He does want to be 501st approved when it's all said and done.

This is kind of an older thread so the prices may be different (depending on vendors) and depending on which version of Fett you do could also alter pricing info. There it is a pretty comprehensive list of the part needed for a Boba.
New to TDH? Read this about how much you will spend!

You are in the right place for info on building a Fett. It sounds like you are familiar with detachments from your Vader build so it would also be a good idea to also get a forum account made over at the BH detachment site www.thebhg.net

Vader and Fett are probably top 5 in terms of cost and time spent building costumes. You appear to be no stranger to researching so do your homework and determine which version of Fett you want and how accurate you are willing to go (using actual found parts or casts or repros, etc). A popular question for Fett suit building is "Do you want fast, accurate, or cheap? You can only pick two." Also another common phrase is "Buy cheap, buy twice".

There is a large enough community here that you can source costume pieces from individuals here, so try to avoid ebay sellers. Hope that start you with an idea of what you are in for and welcome to the Fett-ish!
What a great reference! Really appreciate you providing the info. I definitely want to make sure he does it the right way so he doesn't have to re-purchase parts because the quality was bad. I made that mistake when I first started out with a couple parts, but I quickly learned.

The Imperial Outpost Armory has just gone back into service. This is the place to get probably the best armor available. They have two sizes of armor, a smaller and the large size. The posting was put on the Cargo Hold the other day and it describes all the armor and options, along with pricing.
Hope this helps, Good Luck With the Build !!!

The Imperial Outpost Armory has just gone back into service. This is the place to get probably the best armor available. They have two sizes of armor, a smaller and the large size. The posting was put on the Cargo Hold the other day and it describes all the armor and options, along with pricing.
Hope this helps, Good Luck With the Build !!!
Thank you for the additional info! It's moving along, hoping to find someone that is willing to paint all of the pieces eventually.

Hit up either Raizo Fett or myself for painting services, I know there's many others too. I also make helmet kits. I like to specialize in ROTJ so let me know if I can help in any way! Happy to answer any questions.

Hiya Blaster, what's your handle over on the sith forums? I was posting a ton over there this past fall, and getting a tooooooon of help from all the folks over there with advice on making my daughter her suit of pink vader armor :)

Hiya Blaster, what's your handle over on the sith forums? I was posting a ton over there this past fall, and getting a tooooooon of help from all the folks over there with advice on making my daughter her suit of pink vader armor :)
Hi, I'm MasterBlaster on that forum. Everyone on there was really helpful and couldn't have done it without them.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back